none
SCCM - Capture User State with multiple SMP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

in my environment I've installed 2 State Migration Point with the same HW/SW components.
    Also Role Configuration is the same: both SMP have the same Boundary Groups assigned.

My goal is to have a redundancy during the capture phase: for example, if I run capture Task Sequence on 100 clients at the same time, I expect that Migration Date are saved in both locations (not necessarily 50/50, maybe 70/30 or similar).

But... is there a rule to determine or to see what is the behavior? I've googled a lot in these days and I've not found anything interesting about this scenario.

Could someone give me a help understating how can I monitor distribution of captured data If I have more than one SMP configured in the same way?

Thanks in advance,
    Andrea

Monday, October 14, 2019 4:12 PM

All replies

• > is there a rule to determine or to see what is the behavior?

No, there is no actual rule here and the choice is non-deterministic. There is probably some logic under the covers, but this is subject to change and thus not guaranteed or publicly documented.

As for monitoring, all SMP activity should be recorded in state messages sent to the site by the client. Additionally, the SMS_StateMigration WMI class (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/develop/reference/osd/sms_statemigration-server-wmi-class) will have information about the locations that data is stored to.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Monday, October 14, 2019 5:21 PM
  • Hi,

How are things going? I just checked in to see if there are any updates. Please feel free to feedback and if the reply is helpful, please kindly click “Mark as answer”. It would make the reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar question.

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 18, 2019 9:22 AM