none
Problem in bulk insert importing data from blob to sql server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i am having some .csv files in blob storage and want to import them in  Azure sql server through that i tried with different aspects as created a python script in that bulk insert is not working as well as i tried through query on sql sever but in that while creating  external data source i am getting this mentioned error:

Msg 46516, Level 16, State 26, Line 11
    The specified credential cannot be found or the user does not have permission to perform this action.

And we are also unable to get identity and type attributes while creating data source, please suggest how to get that asap.

Thanks and regards,

Arati

Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:44 PM

All replies

• Good day Arti,

is this a discussion or you look for help?!?

It seems to me like a question but you spend time to change the default type of the thread from question to discussion, so let's clarify this and change the thread back to question if needed. A discussion is something that you participate and present your point of view while you want to discuss about other point of view. Asking for help in specific issue is not a discussion  but a question.

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:44 PM
  • Hello,

i am having some .csv files in blob storage and want to import them in  Azure sql server through that i tried with different aspects as created a python script in that bulk insert is not working as well as i tried through query on sql sever but in that while creating  external data source i am getting this mentioned error:

Msg 46516, Level 16, State 26, Line 11
    The specified credential cannot be found or the user does not have permission to perform this action.

And we are also unable to get identity and type attributes while creating data source, please suggest how to get that asap.

Thanks and regards,

Arati

Hi Arati

Right now the Azure SQL databases allows to create external data sources and external tables only to other SQL Azure DB or Azure SQL DW databases.

Please find previous MSDN post for the same. You can add your requirement at the UserVoice explaining your scenario so that dev team can look into it and provide feedback.

Thanks
    Navtej S

Saturday, October 19, 2019 4:06 AM
  • Hi Arati

The last reply has been proposed as an answer. Please mark it as an answer if this has helped you or get back to us with more questions.

Thanks
    Navtej S

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 2:29 PM