UNable to open .pdf file with Windows reader in Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Using Windows 8 Consumer preview,  when opening a  pdf file with Windows Reader, all I get is blank page.

I had to download adobe reader for windows 7 to open my file. 

Is Windows reader suppose to be able to open/handle .pdf files?

Jay Tabatabai

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 3:06 AM

Answers

• Yes, Windows Reader is supposed to be able to view and handle PDF files. I use it and I like it a lot.

Maybe somehow Reader got corrupted. Un-install and reinstall the Reader app.

Press Windows key + Q > Type Reader in the search box > right-click Windows Reader app from left > select Uninstall option from bottom.

Open the Metro Start Screen > Store > Scroll to the the Books and Reference category > Click All Stars link button > Select Reader from the list > Click the Install button.

• Marked as answer by jaytaba Wednesday, May 9, 2012 7:57 PM
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 10:45 AM

All replies

• Yes, Windows Reader is supposed to be able to view and handle PDF files. I use it and I like it a lot.

Maybe somehow Reader got corrupted. Un-install and reinstall the Reader app.

Press Windows key + Q > Type Reader in the search box > right-click Windows Reader app from left > select Uninstall option from bottom.

Open the Metro Start Screen > Store > Scroll to the the Books and Reference category > Click All Stars link button > Select Reader from the list > Click the Install button.

• Marked as answer by jaytaba Wednesday, May 9, 2012 7:57 PM
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 10:45 AM
  • Thanks , your suggestion worked.

Jay Tabatabai

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 7:57 PM