TLS 1.2 support for Microsoft Remote Desktop client MacOS doesn't seem to work RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am running MacOS 10.12.6 and Microsoft Remote Desktop Client 10.3.7.
    On the server side we run an RDS 2012 R2 HA farm.
    Nevertheless the RDS connection doesn't work anymore since TLS 1.0 and 1.1 are disabled.
    For the Windows Clients no issues at all.

Am I using a wrong version somewhere, because for me and a lot of other mac-using others we can't logon to the company RDS anymore.
    For me it doesn't seem resolved....

Thanks in advance!

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 8:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please provide the detail error message when failed to establish remote desktop connection from Mac device?

If possible, please try to download and install the beta version and check the result:
    https://install.appcenter.ms/orgs/rdmacios-k2vy/apps/Microsoft-Remote-Desktop-for-Mac/distribution_groups/All-users-of-Microsoft-Remote-Desktop-for-Mac

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 7:00 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 3, 2020 12:03 PM
  • Hi

The Remote Desktop Beta Client 10.3.8 for Mac cannot connect with only TLS 1.2 and actual Cipher Suites (non weaked) activated.

Error logged with Microsoft NetMon "SSL Handshake failed".

Best Regards

Monday, February 3, 2020 1:51 PM
  • I'm experiencing the same issue. When I disable TLS 1.0 and have TLS 1.1 & 1.2 enabled on a Windows 2008 server I'm unable to connect to it using Remote Desktop Beta Client 10.4.0. However, when I re-enable TLS 1.0 I'm now able to connect. The client gives me an 'Error: 0x4' message. 
    Thursday, July 23, 2020 5:45 AM