none
Display Project Timeline as (Month) and (Week) RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

Not sure if this has been answered before as I tried to search and couldn't find the exact details.

I'd like to know if there is a formula that I can use to display the Month and Week Number for the Finish Date.

e.g.

January 26, 2020 -> January Week 4

February 4, 2020 -> February Week 1

February 10 -> February Week 2

March 2 -> March Week 1

I need this as management reviews the work by the week of the month as we also do not want to give specific date in which the project is expected to slide a day or two but not a full week in some scenarios. thanks in advance.

Friday, January 17, 2020 6:25 AM

All replies

• Eisenwulf0083,

First of all, you will not be able to use a formula to display the month and week in the Finish (or Start) field. You can however display those units in an extra field such as Finish1.

Second, the example dates you provide don't quite make sense. January 26 is a Sunday so I assume you are using a 7 day week calendar. Regardless, Jan 26 is the 5th week of January, not the 4th. And, given a 7 day calendar, February 1st (Saturday) is the first week of February so Feb 4 is then the 2nd week of February, not the 1st. The same with Feb 10, it is the 3rd week of the month.

So, before I spend time creating a formula for you, please provide better clarification about what you want.

John

Update: I did go ahead and create the necessary formula(s), which in Project turns out to be rather complex because Project does not have some very useful functions like Excel, but I won't post the result until I get the clarification noted above

Friday, January 17, 2020 4:23 PM