none
Your account will be deleted soon - but which account? RRS feed

• Question

• Today we received an email stating:

Your Azure account, and any data stored in it, will be deleted on 11/14/2019, unless we receive your payment by then. Please update your payment information and pay now to resume service and keep your data.

The problem is that we have no idea which account this is for, as we manage a fair few.The only information the email provides is the Subscription ID, and the Subscription name (Pay-As-You-Go).

Is there a way to get the account information (i.e. the email address) for an account, given only the Subscription ID?

I have no idea how to contact the usual Azure support either, as contacting support requires being logged into the associated account, and the email the notification is from is a noreply address.

Any ideas on how to do this, or how to get in contact with Microsoft to help with this?

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:10 AM

All replies

• The "Azure account" they're referring to in this case is the subscription mentioned under "Subscription ID", not some kind of user account.

Assuming you do have access to the Azure Portal head over to the subscription blade here and look for the subscription matching the ID and name provided in the email. That's the account that will be deleted. If you open it there will probably be a red bar at the top stating some more information about it being deleted per 11/14/2019.

If you'd happen to have some kind of Enterprise Agreement someone at your organization should be able to login to the Enterprise Agreement portal to find the subscription there.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:21 AM
  • Sorry, I should have been clearer.

We manage multiple different Azure accounts for different companies, all under different logins which each have subscriptions of their own.

The link you've provided requires me to login to a particular Azure account, but this is the information I don't know - which Azure account the subscription falls under.

How can I find out which account a subscription is under, without logging into every account?

• Edited by matypowell101 Tuesday, October 22, 2019 11:40 PM Clarification
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 11:38 PM
  • Although it's not the answer you'd love to hear I think you can't since that would inflict with compliance/privacy/security of the owner of the subscription ID.

See, it could be a security/privacy issue if everyone could find out what company owns a random subscription ID. It could be considered not being a security/privacy issue because nothing can be done with it without also having credentials/tokens from an authorized user or application.

The way I manage control over who a subscription ID belongs to is by adding it as an object in a CMDB system.

But perhaps someone else has some other insights into this, which I'm looking forward to reading.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 6:47 AM
  • As Gijs Kertens mentioned, its not possible find out to which account subscription belongs to. And this may or may not be related , there is Azure Service named Azure Lighthouse where you will be able to manage the customer subscriptions from a single account in short. For more information, kindly refer to this document.

Hope this helps!

Monday, October 28, 2019 1:43 PM