Application hangs with event id 1002 in Windows 7 with Word 2010/2013 embedded RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am looking for some help as we have already exhausted most of our ideas and resources.

We have  a customer running our clinical application on Windows 7 and the application get hangs every hour at least once with event ID 1002

1. The application has embedded MS Word which we use as an editor.

2. The application has Nuance Speech Magic voice recognition module which is using MS Word as well through VSTO/COM Add-in

3. During the freeze there are no server calls, so i would assume that the issue is only client side

4. The customer is running Symantec Endpoint Protection as AV and also Palo Alto TRAPS malware detection software. Unfortunately it is not that easy to remove both as the customer has very strict security policy. However have to admit that the freeze was reproduced also with disabled AV's, but from my point of view this is not a reason to eliminate security software in case we have more than one root cause in this site

The suspect is that something happens to MS Word on a certain state and the main thread of our application get stuck waiting for MS Word, however i couldn't find any solid proof for that.

We have collected unlimited amount of memory dumps from both our application and MS Word and still no good lead.

Will appreciate if someone can give ideas how to proceed or can review the memory dumps together with us.

Thank you in advance

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 3:06 PM