none
Lost product ID / Key RRS feed

• Question

• I need to find out whom i can contact to get my product key / ID for my windows server 8 R2.  I brought the license in 2011 and i no longer have the machine that it was installed on (please dont ask how i managed to loose my server :( ).  the IT people that installed it say they do not have the details any longer.  Is there someone that can assist me with this?
    Saturday, October 26, 2019 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If the software/system is pre-install with hardware device, which is OEM version, in order to find the product key, please contact the hardware provider/manufacturer.

If you purchased the software/system separately, you can contact the retailer who sold you the product. If you aren't able to get help from your retailer or have already tried and couldn't get a working key, call Microsoft Support.

Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center -> select your region/country to find appropriate contact information:
    https://www.microsoft.com/licensing/servicecenter/Help/Contact.aspx

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 28, 2019 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang      

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 8:17 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, November 4, 2019 1:38 AM