none
AS2 - One IIS app per partner? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it normal to set up a different IIS application for each trading partner? That way, the receive location/port essentially identifies who the partner is with AS2.  (I know with EDI, the headers also tell us who the partner is, but we archiving the file at the AS2 layer, using on the AS2Receive pipeline (not AS2/EDI Receive pipeline). 

I looked at the content of an AS2 message, and didn't see anything such as the AS-ID that we could filter on. 

So I give each vendor an unique URL, such as http://edi.mysite.com/VendorXXX/BTSHTTPReceive.dll.

Then I have one receive port/location for each vendor, and then I can use the ReceivePortName to route/filter the message. 

The vendors (some of them I know run OpenAS2) give me a URL that is generic. So I was wondering if I could get by with one URL (and thus one IIS virtual directory for each of my vendors)? 

Thanks,
    Neal 

Monday, June 3, 2019 6:30 PM

All replies

• AS2 resolution works only with headers (HTTP & MIME) so having different endpoints doesn't do anything except give you more endpoints to manage.

EDIINTAS.AS2From is Promoted so you can route on that.

Monday, June 3, 2019 9:03 PM
  • As I mentioned using AS2 only, not EDI, so promoted fields that I have are below.  I don't see any that identify the sender.  We using AS2 only so we can make a backup of the exact file received in before it gets turned into XML. 

Neal 

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 3:30 PM
  • Maybe I was on the wrong message above, I did find these on another message, so I think I can route based on the AS2From value. 

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 4:16 PM
  • I tried the generic receive today; sent a message to a partner, and the MDN came back with the following: 
    So I don't see any way to route it per vendor. 

Neal 

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 3:14 PM
  • I was working with same Trading Partner on phone today, and he was switched some flag on proprietary software (I think it was to make the communication ASync instead of Sync), then all the promoted fields starting appearing.  

Neal 

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 8:49 PM
  • Hmm...probably because on an async MDN, full resolution has to occur.

But I have to ask, why do you need to route received MDN's by Trading Partner.  Once BizTalk EDI logs it, it's not really useful.  Meaning, no one has ever asked me to do that and if they did, I'd ask...why bother? :)

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 9:16 PM