I can't activate W10 Enterprise, 10240 build RRS feed

• Question

• I can't activate W10 Enterprise, 10240 build, even with this serial NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43!

Help me please, i have this f* "Activate Windows" watermark in all app!

Saturday, July 18, 2015 10:14 AM

All replies

• Windows 10 Home build 10240 - TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
    • Windows 10 Pro build 10240 - VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
    • Windows 10 Enterprise build 10240 - NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43

From the Principal PM Lead at Microsoft.

These keys will not work. Please do not try them.

As we prepare for the public release of Windows 10, we need Insiders to validate the upgrade paths with Build 10240. If you upgrade to 10240 from an activated prior Preview build - you'll get activated automatically on Home and Pro Editions.

For Enterprise editions starting with build 10240 - you'll need to activate with your organization's activation keys (KMS or MAK).  Post your questions related to Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview in the TechNet Forum here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?category=WinPreview2014&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Windows 10 is intended to be installed on Genuine Windows devices, whether devices in the Windows Insider Program or those taking advantage of the free upgrade offer

If you are running the Enterprise edition of the Windows 10 Insider Preview, to upgrade to the final release of Windows 10 Enterprise you will need to download and activate it from Volume Licensing Service Center. As a reminder, the Enterprise edition of the Windows 10 Insider Preview is not eligible for the free upgrade offer and can be upgraded to the final release of Windows 10 through an active Software Assurance agreement.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Saturday, July 18, 2015 10:16 AM
  • Anyway to downgrade from Enterprise to Pro?
    Monday, July 27, 2015 10:15 PM
  • I can't activate W10 Enterprise, 10240 build, even with this serial NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43!

Help me please, i have this f* "Activate Windows" watermark in all app!

Source

If you are seeing the “Activate Windows” watermark on Build 10240, please first understand that all pre-release product keys published earlier for builds of Windows 10 Insider Preview have been deactivated and will no longer activate any Preview builds, including Build 10240.  This will not impact any devices that were activated in the past using those product keys. To check your activation status, go to Settings, choose Update & Security, and select Activation.

There are steps you may be able to take to solve your activation issue, depending on which edition of Insider Preview you have installed.

Windows 10 Insider Preview, Enterprise Edition

1. You’ll need to activate with your organization’s Volume License keys (KMS or MAK) or VL keys acquired through MSDN subscription.  Please post any questions related to Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview in the TechNet Forum. 

2. If you installed the Enterprise Edition, but are not part of an organization with a Volume License, you will not be able to activate. Please revert Windows 7 or 8.1, and upgrade to Windows after it’s released on July 29 by reserving your copy of Windows 10.

Please note that Windows 10 is intended to be installed on Genuine Windows devices, whether devices in the Windows Insider Program or those taking advantage of the free upgrade offer.

Monday, July 27, 2015 10:23 PM
    No you will need to wipe and install AFTER win 10 is released on July 29  The IO'S have been removed and the pre-baked keys disabled.  You really need to wait

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 12:15 AM

A clean install is required since it is a different version.

Since Microsoft has removed the ISO from its website and deactivated all pre-released product keys, what you plan to do will have to wait after July 29th.

When Windows 10 RTM is released on July 29th, and when the dust is settled, maybe MS will release a Pro version ISO together with the product key.
    When that happens, you can do a clean install.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 12:47 AM