none
How to add multiple groups to a fresh computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there, 

I'm trying to create a runbook that processes the affected items from a ServiceRequests in which I use a Query list // multiple selections enabled . This Query attaches the Groups that have been chosen to the SR as affected items. 

The idea behind all this is to let the user create a SR for a new computer and let him decide what software he needs on this machine via the mentioned query.

I can sucessfully read these selected (software)groups out individually via the Log, so this works, but what doesnt work is that only one of these groups gets added to the computer, although there are multiple groups attached to the SR.

I guess I have to create some sort of a loop but I'm unable to figure it out. 

Thanks in advance for any help on solving this

Monday, February 25, 2019 10:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I was able to get youre picture:

"get Applications" will trigger the next Activities for each result. "Get AD group" will be triggered for each result, "Create Computer" will be be triggered for each result, ....

(unless you let the default settings: NO flatten, no smart link conditions).

I'm not sure, how "Create Computer" is configured. If it should be executed once it should be placed before "get Applications".

Because "Create Computer" will likely fail the second time it runs the next Activity "Add to groups" will not be executed if the link condition before is "Success".

What is the purpose of the loop in "Invoke Runbook"?

Regards,

Stefan

More and news about System Center at stillcool.de and sc-orchestartor.eu .

Monday, February 25, 2019 8:11 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

here a couple of references on the topic:

Looping through users and performing actions - Help needed

and another helpful one:

Looping in Orchestrator with Service Manager 2012 Service Requests

there isn't much changes since 2012 (SCOrch and SCSM) so this still applies.

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Monday, February 25, 2019 3:24 PM
  • Hi,

can you paste a screenshot here (or with a link elsewhere) how you Runbook looks like?

Regards,

Stefan

Monday, February 25, 2019 4:18 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks, I'll have a look in these two links and here is the screenshot . 

Here is a link to my screenshot. 
    Thanks in advance

https://ibb.co/3W7VSS7

Monday, February 25, 2019 4:38 PM
  • Hi,

I was able to get youre picture:

"get Applications" will trigger the next Activities for each result. "Get AD group" will be triggered for each result, "Create Computer" will be be triggered for each result, ....

(unless you let the default settings: NO flatten, no smart link conditions).

I'm not sure, how "Create Computer" is configured. If it should be executed once it should be placed before "get Applications".

Because "Create Computer" will likely fail the second time it runs the next Activity "Add to groups" will not be executed if the link condition before is "Success".

What is the purpose of the loop in "Invoke Runbook"?

Regards,

Stefan

Monday, February 25, 2019 8:11 PM
    Answerer