none
Update Rollup 8 for Orchestrator 2016 has been released! RRS feed

• General discussion

• The Update Rollup 8 for System Center 2016 Orchestrator is now available:

Update Rollup 8 for System Center 2016 Orchestrator

Issues that are fixed

• Runbook performing SQL query activity returns NULL value for the Time and XML column.

• Exporting and Importing runbooks into upgraded SCO environment returns empty catalogue value in the properties for query database activity.

• Unable to perform checkout, delete, or rename operations on runbooks when user SID is longer than 50 characters.

• Orchestrator now depends upon Microsoft OLE DB driver for SQL server instead of SQLNCLI.

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

• Changed type Leon Laude Tuesday, September 24, 2019 7:44 PM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2019 7:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Leon,

have you applied UR8 successfully?

After installing Update Rollup 8 for System Center 2016 Orchestrator I’m not able to connect with Runbook Designer to Management Server:

• I get “Connection Error: The Server threw an exception.” opening Runbook Designer.
    • If I use Data Store Configuration to setup a new connection I get “Error: Could not connect to the specified database server. Message: ”” (with empty Message) even SQL Server 2012 Native Client is present.
    • Orchestrator Runbook Service fails to start.

It’s like after UR4 if SQL Server 2012 Native Client is not installed. But SQL Server 2012 Native Client is installed. The environment worked with Update Rollup 7 for System Center 2016 Orchestrator.

Due to SC 2019 I have only one environment left for testing with SC 2016. It running on Windows 2012 R2 Servers.

Regards,

Stefan

More and news about System Center at stillcool.de and sc-orchestartor.eu .

Thursday, September 26, 2019 3:22 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Stefan,

We ran into the same issue. I came in to find my dev environment had automatically upgraded itself overnight by applying the patch.

Upon connecting, I got the same error message as you. Uninstalling the patch fixed the issue. Thankfully I caught it before it auto installed in our production environment.  

Ben

Thursday, September 26, 2019 4:07 PM
  • You need to do as follows:

1. Install the following Microsoft OLE DB Driver 18 for SQL Server on the Orchestrator management server.

2. Install Update Rollup 8 for Orchestrator 2016.

3. Run the Data Store Configuration.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Thursday, September 26, 2019 4:25 PM
  • Thanks a lot, Leon.

With Microsoft OLE DB Driver 18 for SQL Server and after Data Store Configuration it works.

More and news about System Center at stillcool.de and sc-orchestartor.eu .

Thursday, September 26, 2019 5:12 PM
    Answerer