Does WSUS on Windows Server 2012 R2 requires TLS 1.0 enabled RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an issue with importing updates in WSUS from catalog after disabling TLS 1.0 and 1.1 and keeping only TLS 1.2 enabled.  The import works after enabling TLS 1.0 and 1.1. 

Does WSUS Still needs TLS 1.0/1.1 to be enabled?

My Infra is 

Operating System -  Windows Server 2012 R2

WSUS Version - 6.3.9600.18694

SCCM version -  SCCM CB 1902

Could anyone please clarify.

Regards Nikhil S

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:41 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, based on my research, TLS 1.0 is still needed to import updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog.

It turns out that TLSv1.0 with SHA client is required for the update import to work. Here is a blog that provides more details, hope it helps.

https://blog.jonsdocs.org.uk/2019/05/28/managing-wsus-tlsv1-0-needed-to-import-from-the-windows-update-catalogue/

Best Regards,
    Tina

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by S Nikhil Wednesday, July 10, 2019 12:03 PM
    Thursday, July 4, 2019 3:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, based on my research, TLS 1.0 is still needed to import updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog.

It turns out that TLSv1.0 with SHA client is required for the update import to work. Here is a blog that provides more details, hope it helps.

https://blog.jonsdocs.org.uk/2019/05/28/managing-wsus-tlsv1-0-needed-to-import-from-the-windows-update-catalogue/

Best Regards,
    Tina

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by S Nikhil Wednesday, July 10, 2019 12:03 PM
    Thursday, July 4, 2019 3:01 AM
  • Hi,

I just checked in to see if there are any updates. Please feel free to feedback and if the reply is helpful, please kindly click “Mark as answer”. It would make the reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar question.

Thank you for your kindly support.

Best Regards
    Tina

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 7:11 AM
  • Thank you Tina for the update. 

Regards Nikhil S

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 12:04 PM