none
SBS2011 SBSMonAcc@domain.local logins on networked clients RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,im curious why this error is being loged on a few different workstations in my network:

4625 SBSMonAcc@domain.local

Seems that this Account tries to log into the workstations but they don recognize the login as valid

(Useraname and Password unknown)

At first this only happened on one client, now its spreading to anotherone.As far as my research gioes this SBSMonAcc is a defalut SBS Admin?  User that is created on the fly for creating monitoring reports?

Why and how do i need this and how do i dissable it?

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 7:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, the SBSMonAcc is responsible for SBS monitoring report and it is the built-in account on SBS.

In general, if you had connected client to SBS with connector.exe, SBS relate services will be installed on client system, responsible for functions such as system backup, check update status and etc. 

It is not recommended to manually disable this account on SBS, as functions about report will prompts error. 

In general, event 4625 will log detail information about the failure, including process ID, then, we can try to find relate process name via Task Manager to find out which process causing the failure log on event. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:00 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, the SBSMonAcc is responsible for SBS monitoring report and it is the built-in account on SBS.

In general, if you had connected client to SBS with connector.exe, SBS relate services will be installed on client system, responsible for functions such as system backup, check update status and etc. 

It is not recommended to manually disable this account on SBS, as functions about report will prompts error. 

In general, event 4625 will log detail information about the failure, including process ID, then, we can try to find relate process name via Task Manager to find out which process causing the failure log on event. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:00 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang   

Monday, July 29, 2019 6:58 AM
  • Hi sorry i didn't respond imideately and thank you for yours.

I'm still stuck with the problem.... now it spreads to other windows 10 clients in that netwwork. 

I'll get and post the detailed message from the eventmanager  here later.

Thank you

• Edited by BR0KK Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:27 AM
    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, August 2, 2019 8:20 AM
  • Eventaully it Resolved itself. After a few days the events stopped beeing recorded

Thank You

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:10 PM