none
All the associated SSD drives and data disappeared after rebooting the azure vm RRS feed

• Question

• Cx added the GPT disk from the Azure Portal, and partitioned the two disks highlighted in red that he states were there since the creation of the machine.

Cx created new volumes from those two disks (partitioned) that were there since the machines creation and the disks configuration looked like this:

Then cx turned off the machine for a couple of days and when he turned it on again all the disks that were created from the "unknown" disks were missing, as well as the information on them.

In the server manager , the drive partitions are showing as “Unknown”,  storage pool configured on this (ssd)

Could you please look into it

swathi

Monday, September 9, 2019 6:38 PM

Answers

• Issue definition by customer : "The issue happened twice. I provisioned VM and attached disks and also used the SSD disks that came with the machine as well. Then I paritioned the disks, installed necessary software. It was working fine. But then I turned off the VM for few days and when I rebooted all my disks and data was gone" 

VM Name  U-DEV-WUE-0002
    Resource Uri  /subscriptions/a6a90/resourceGroups/CAVirtualMachines/providers/Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/U-DEV-WUE-0002
    Resource Group  CAVirtualMachines
    State  Converged

Deployment Id / Tenant Name  8a78-d3698be5fe0
    Id  7ee
    Deployment Model  Resource Manager
    Region  eastus

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:47 PM

All replies

• @swatsaswath Just for clarification: Have you created the Microsoft Support cases for this issue, If yes can you please share the SR number.

Thank you! 

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 11:53 AM
  • Issue definition by customer : "The issue happened twice. I provisioned VM and attached disks and also used the SSD disks that came with the machine as well. Then I paritioned the disks, installed necessary software. It was working fine. But then I turned off the VM for few days and when I rebooted all my disks and data was gone" 

VM Name  U-DEV-WUE-0002
    Resource Uri  /subscriptions/a6a90/resourceGroups/CAVirtualMachines/providers/Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/U-DEV-WUE-0002
    Resource Group  CAVirtualMachines
    State  Converged

Deployment Id / Tenant Name  8a78-d3698be5fe0
    Id  7ee
    Deployment Model  Resource Manager
    Region  eastus

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:47 PM
  • Ty so much for your help Sumanth and Adam Smith. I sincerely thank you  for providing me support 

swathi

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:34 PM