none
Exclamation Mark vs. Green Arrow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I do not know why on some workstation I have Exclamation Mark next to Execute in SSMS and on another workstations Green Arrow - both SSMS works OK but why is the difference?

Thanks in advance :)

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:03 PM

All replies

• Warnings do not mean that code will not be executed.
    Do you can provide a print for this behavior?
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 1:59 PM
  • I will provide the screen when my account will be verified, strange  need to verification, if the same  login (mail) I use foe MS Exams/MS OneDrive and even my discount for exams is verified and for forum add verification..
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 7:11 PM
  • Probably just different versions of SSMS. MS changes these small icons now and then.

Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP (Web Blog)

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 7:57 PM
  • Hi Gizmo_Gremlin,

What is the version of SSMS that you are using? If SSMS works OK, don’t worry go ahead.
    To post a picture get your account verified, due to lot of spam MS does not allow non verified accounts to add image. 

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 2:40 AM
  • Hi There

Thank you 4info. I just dropped account verification.

I am using SSMS 18 and have green arrow on other workstations is lower version and has red exclamation mark but even if I was watching some tutorials like: Developing SQL Databases - Exam 70-762 Certification/Mark Logan or SQL Server 70-762: Developing SQL Databases: Required Knowledge for SQL Server 2012 and 2014/ Marilyn White.

All works fine with exclamation mark or with green arrow but it is for my curiosity, because when I was showing some solution I was asked why I have green arrow and other users has red exclamation mark...and I started checking and asking in the company's Dev and no one had any idea why :)

Best 

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 7:04 AM
  • PS Those tutorial have red exclamation mark forget to write
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 7:06 AM
  • So you have your answer, it is the versions of SSMS that has different icon in the button (as we assumed in our earlier replies).

Just to be clear, for the benefit of other readers of this thread.

Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP (Web Blog)

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 10:02 AM
  • Thank you for info/help
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:23 PM
  • Hi Gizmo_Gremlin,

If you have resolved your issue, please mark the useful reply as answer. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,
    Cathy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:29 AM