none
Video URL (Blob) is not valid for posting on LinkedIn. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have a URL of a video that I have hosted on Azure:

https://blogsterappstorage.blob.core.windows.net/general/8996/13209/20-no-muerdas.mp4

When I put this URL on LinkedIn, I can't preview it.

I attach an image on LinkedIn and also the video properties in Azure.

Thank you!

• Edited by jmgfuentes Tuesday, December 10, 2019 3:41 PM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2019 3:41 PM

Answers

• Even I tried in my Lab we  are facing the same issue this due to the streaming option, for example you check the you tube link it gives and option to preview.

For more information refer here mp4 files not streaming from Azure blob

Using the LinkedIn Post Inspector and inserting your URL in the blank field and clicking Inspect to force LinkedIn to clear the cache. To customize the image, click the video icon below text box and enter the Blob URL it downloads on your computer. To customize the title, click on the current title and type your new title over it.

After verifying you may get some times an error 404 or 500, Please refer to Error Handling article. You may also try in different browsers. 

Additional information: Blob URL acts as a pseudo protocol to enable using Blobs as if they where byte-streams. They would not make sense in any other context as the original Blob they're referring to would not be available.

The temporary internal link to the Blob (or File) becomes invalid once the original document creating it is unloaded (or the URL revoked).

You would need a way to load the original video source directly, which would either require an user interaction if from a local file system, or the video must exist online and be referable via an ordinary URL.

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:25 AM

All replies

• Even I tried in my Lab we  are facing the same issue this due to the streaming option, for example you check the you tube link it gives and option to preview.

For more information refer here mp4 files not streaming from Azure blob

Using the LinkedIn Post Inspector and inserting your URL in the blank field and clicking Inspect to force LinkedIn to clear the cache. To customize the image, click the video icon below text box and enter the Blob URL it downloads on your computer. To customize the title, click on the current title and type your new title over it.

After verifying you may get some times an error 404 or 500, Please refer to Error Handling article. You may also try in different browsers. 

Additional information: Blob URL acts as a pseudo protocol to enable using Blobs as if they where byte-streams. They would not make sense in any other context as the original Blob they're referring to would not be available.

The temporary internal link to the Blob (or File) becomes invalid once the original document creating it is unloaded (or the URL revoked).

You would need a way to load the original video source directly, which would either require an user interaction if from a local file system, or the video must exist online and be referable via an ordinary URL.

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:25 AM
  • Yes, I also face this type of error when I'm publishing an article on   Black Friday Reactions and try to embed video from LinkedIn (like some peoples share their videos of any tragedy while shopping on Black Friday sale) as I embed from twitter.
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:47 AM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Thursday, December 12, 2019 1:32 PM
  • Hi :)

Thank you for the complete answer.

LinkedIn Support doesn't give me any solution to this day.
    And I'm still at the same point. That is, I can't do the Preview.

Where can I see the YouTube link you reference?

Thanks in advance

Manuel
    Monday, December 16, 2019 2:03 PM