none
VMWare Integration Pack and VSphere 6.7 don't work RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

After update VMware to 6.7 version our runbooks have stopped working.

I couldn't find any information about supported versions of VMWare. Can anyone help me with this problem.

• Edited by Gr0m Wednesday, January 9, 2019 2:23 PM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2019 2:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/orchestrator/deploying-the-vmware-vsphere-integration-pack?view=sc-orch-1807

System requirements

The pack requires the following software to be installed and configured prior to implementing the integration. For more information about installing and configuring Orchestrator and the VMware vSphere application, refer to the respective product documentation.

• VMware vSphere 4.1 or 5.0
    • System Center - Orchestrator

For automating VMWare with Orchestrator I recommend to install PowerCLI on the Runbook Server(s) and use this within PowerShell-Scripts in the "Run .Net Script" Activity.

Regards,

Stefan

More and news about System Center at stillcool.de and sc-orchestartor.eu .

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 2:40 PM
    Answerer
  • But this IP works with vSphere 6.0 and 6.5

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 3:32 PM
  • Yes, maybe, You asked for "information about supported versions of VMWare".

To be honest, I've given up using this IP long time before. For automating VMWare with Orchestrator I  install PowerCLI on the Runbook Server(s) and use this within PowerShell-Scripts in the "Run .Net Script" Activity.

Regards,

Stefan

More and news about System Center at stillcool.de and sc-orchestartor.eu .

• Proposed as answer by Matty-D Wednesday, March 20, 2019 1:38 PM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2019 3:57 PM
    Answerer
  • We are getting the same issue. 

Thursday, January 17, 2019 12:30 PM
  • For us, this errored was a result of service account being in the form of domain\username instead of username@local.com.  Might want to give that a whirl.  

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 5:40 PM
  • What Orchestrator version are you using? Changing login name formatting didnt work, im using orchestrator 2016. Disappointing Microsoft hasn't kept up with Orchestrator.
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 4:20 PM