none
Machine Learning Server and support for Windows 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We are about to implement a new Machine Learning Platform for a client, and our choice fell on Microsoft Machine Learning Server (MLS). We are now in the process of ordering VM's from the service-provider and would like to use Windows Server 2019 and not the old Windows Server 2016 servers. My problem is that Windows Server 2019 is not listed as supported on the official Microsoft MLS documentation page (I can't link to it since my account isn't verified for some reason, but search for "r-server-install-supported-platforms" on Google and it's the first result), and I found one thread from last year that indicates someone have had problems and actually aborted using Windows Server 2019 in combination with MLS: Search for "failure-to-install-server msi?forum=Microsoft" on Google to find the thread.

Can you (Microsoft) confirm that it's not possible to use MLS on Windows Server 2019 (or confirm that we can use it)? We will be installing it in operationalization-mode, hence both Compute and Web nodes.

Best Regards and in hopes for a quick response

Michael

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:34 AM