How to disable protected mode warning automaticly? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I'm at a client site and they need to lower the security and remove Protected mode for the Intranet zone, due to custom (and old) web application.

I've been able to disable the Protected Mode by GPO easily. But now, I would like to remove the warning from the information bar .

In the option that the warning offer, I have a choice of " Don't show this message again".

Once I hit that everything is find. BUT the problem is how to eliminate that warning automaticly???

Also...

I don't want users to check the box for "Did you notice the information bar" so it doesn't pop up next time.

If I remove the message in the Information bar, I should not see the other pop up.

I've seen a solution for XP in couple of blog but it doesn't seem to work with Vista.

The solution was to set to enable the GPO Computer/Admin Template/Windows Component/Internet Explorer/

Turn off the Security Seetings Check Feature.

It didn't changed a thing for the warning I got.

Thanks for any suggestion

Jonathan

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 3:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Smile

I'll get back to you on the second issue, but regarding Protected-mode, you do not have to disable it entirely so you can use legacy web applications. You can simply add your site/sites to the Trusted Zone for which Protected mode does not apply. So you will still benefit from PE on all site other than the ones you define in the Trusted Zone.
    Sunday, August 3, 2008 11:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Windows Vista has some improvement in IE 7 security. We cannot remove the security pop up prompt automatially. You need to disable it manually.

HTH.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:46 AM
  • Is there any registry key that could be set to do that configuration?

Friday, August 1, 2008 3:12 PM
  • Hi Smile

I'll get back to you on the second issue, but regarding Protected-mode, you do not have to disable it entirely so you can use legacy web applications. You can simply add your site/sites to the Trusted Zone for which Protected mode does not apply. So you will still benefit from PE on all site other than the ones you define in the Trusted Zone.
    Sunday, August 3, 2008 11:32 AM
  • Hi D_mageInc can you please tell me how you disabled the protected view through a GPO 
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 6:07 AM