none
Intel HD Graphics driver error after update to 1803 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After updating to 1803  I get following error in Device Manager Display adapters:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad Image}
    %hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x
    I uninstalled the driver and rebooted - no success

DSA shows:

Intel® HD Graphics

Adapter Compatibility Intel Corporation

Driver Provider Intel Corporation
        Driver Version 8.15.10.2900
        Driver Date 11/26/2012
        Availability Offline
        Status Unknown
        Location PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0
        Device Id PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0042&SUBSYS_304A103C&REV_02\3&B1BFB68&0&10

Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz

Manufacturer GenuineIntel
        Description Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5

and there is no newer driver.

What can I do? any help most welcome
    Thursday, May 3, 2018 10:58 AM

Answers

• Dear Bibhuti

You are just GREAT - changing the registry did the trick

Thank you very much

Kind regards

Viktor 

• Marked as answer by Viktor.Sc Friday, May 4, 2018 11:12 AM
    Friday, May 4, 2018 11:12 AM

All replies

• Try report this issue to Intel's support.

Open start and search for feedback and open Feedback Hub app and report this issue.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 2:23 PM
  • I did that - the reply was that my system is not capable of Windows 10

but this is from there forum - and of course the answer is too ….

since I am running Windows 10 on this machine right from the start and 1803 works fine

except for the graphic driver

Thursday, May 3, 2018 2:44 PM
  • 1) Were you able to use the Intel graphics driver on build 1511, 1607, 1703, or 1709?

2) Or was your upgrade from Windows 7 or 8?

3) What day was the upgrade performed?

4) What is the status of the files on the computer?

5) Are the files backed up on another drive or in the cloud?

6) Has a backup image been made using Macrium, Aoemi, Acronis, Paragon, or similar software?

7) If you needed to perform a clean install (delete partitions, make an unallocated drive, and reinstall the operating system) would you be able to?

8) To evaluate the computer environment please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command:

9) Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use one drive or drop box to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

This command will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, dxdiag, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

10) Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

11) There is one file for you to find manually:  In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

12) Open the website for the computer or motherboard manufacturer > support > enter product or serial number or model > select the operating system > view drivers > post a URL or hyperlink into the thread

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 11:29 PM
  • unfortunately it says the computer does not meet the minimum requirements - :-(

thank you anyhow

Friday, May 4, 2018 8:17 AM
  • Many times error messages are ambiguous.

Other times they are incorrect.

See if you can verify or disprove the error message.

It's often best to have confirmation:

This was from a forgotten link:

Check Manufacturer’s Website to Find Out if Your System is Compatible

Manufacturers of various brands actually do a good job of maintaining a list of systems that are compatible with specific versions of Windows 10.

Check the following links to see if your system is supported by the Creators Update.

If an OEM indicates a particular model is not compatible with Windows 10 1709 or 1803, it is possible you could still install the update using the clean install method.

Of course, the best way to do this is to ensure you have a good backup plan. Windows 10 has included a rollback feature since the first release, but it’s not perfect, so I wouldn’t count on it too much.

Hewlett Packard (HP) /Compaq:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282

Dell Inc:  http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln297954/dell-computers-tested-for-windows-10-fall-creators-update-and-previous-versions-of-windows-10?lang=en

Lenovo:  https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht501286

Acer

Samsung:  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/windows10/

Sony Vaio:  https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/os10upgrade.pl?

Toshiba:  http://win10upgrade.toshiba.com/win10anniv/modellist.aspx?region=TAIS&lang=en&country=US

Packard Bell:  http://www.packardbell.com/index.html

MSI:  https://us.msi.com/support

ASUS:  https://www.asus.com/event/2016/osupdate/.

You are welcome.

If you run the log collector and post the files we can check too.

Friday, May 4, 2018 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

please see 

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aloi-Dk5COyeozGsQckaKrUo1-3A

for details

regarding your questions above:

1) yes

3) upgrade to 1803 was done 02May18

6) no

hope you will find the problem / solution

Thank you anyhow for your efforts

Friday, May 4, 2018 9:04 AM
  • Hi, 

I noticed your existing driver is leased in 2012, try to go to Intel website, and download and install the latest graphic driver for your hardware to check. 

I searched and found a similar Intel graphic thread, the issue occur on Intel driver version 8.15.10.2900, but fix with a old Intel driver:8.15.10.2253 over the Windows "compatibility mode" (Windows 7). Please try to check if it works on your side.

Here is the thread link: T410 Screen Brightness adjustment broken after Windows 10 Version 1803 update (refer to the marked reply)

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 4, 2018 10:29 AM
  • Turn Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10 and There will not be Display Error.

How To ??

Open RegEdit

Then Go to  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity

Change the Enabled Dword Value to 0, means OFF

Restart PC

Feel the difference.

------------------------------------ O R ------------------------------------------

1. Download this Registry Tweak using given link.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApsXXUqCfl8fjBCMNe5p8RQewMyq

2. Save it to your desktop

3. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

4. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

5. Restart the computer to apply.

If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.

LET ME KNOW IF WORKED ???

• Edited by Bibhuti B. Dash Friday, May 4, 2018 10:52 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Kawish786 Saturday, May 19, 2018 11:11 AM
    Friday, May 4, 2018 10:31 AM
  • Open the HP website > support > software and drivers > enter the computer's product or serial number > select the operating system > view drivers > post a URL or hyperlink into the thread.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Preliminary screening displayed problems with 3 drivers.

a) ssudmdm.sys 

Is the computer attached to a Samsung product:  SAMSUNG Android Modem Device

b) Is the computer attached to a USB device:  fwlanusbn.sys

c) igdkmd64.sys 

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
    System Model: HP Compaq 8100 Elite SFF PC
    BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 786H1 v01.13, 14-Jul-11
    SMBIOS Version 2.6
    BIOS Mode Legacy
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Intel(R) HD Graphics PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0042&SUBSYS_304A103C&REV_02\3&B1BFB68&0&10 39

PS/2 Compatible Mouse ACPI\PNP0F13\4&D8E1796&0 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

Standard PS/2 Keyboard ACPI\PNP0303\4&D8E1796&0 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

fwlanusbn    FRITZ!WLAN N           FRITZ!WLAN N           Kernel        Manual     Stopped    OK         FALSE       FALSE        0                 469,888     0          06-Sep-10 09:46:06     C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\fwlanusbn.sys

fwlanusbn FRITZ!WLAN N c:\windows\system32\drivers\fwlanusbn.sys Kernel Driver No Manual Stopped OK Normal No No

igfx         igfx                   igfx                   Kernel        Manual     Stopped    OK         FALSE       FALSE        16,160            2,902,304   0          27-Nov-12 01:26:05     C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys         5,856  

igfx igfx c:\windows\system32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys Kernel Driver No Manual Stopped OK Ignore No No

igdkmd64.sys
    Intel Graphics driver
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

ssudmdm.sys is part of SAMSUNG Android Modem Device Driver (MSS Ver.3) and developed by DEVGURU Co., LTD.(www.devguru.co.kr) according to the ssudmdm.sys version information.

Event[449]:
      Log Name: System
      Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
      Date: 2018-05-02T15:30:47.932
      Event ID: 219
      Task: N/A
      Level: Warning
      Opcode: Info
      Keyword: N/A
      User: S-1-5-18
      User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
      Computer: DESKTOP-R6TSLUD
      Description: 
    The driver \Driver\igfx failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0042&SUBSYS_304A103C&REV_02\3&b1bfb68&0&10.

Event[460]:
      Date: 2018-05-02T15:31:02.947
      Description: 
    The driver \Driver\fwlanusbn failed to load for the device USB\VID_057C&PID_8401\BC05430D31B3.

Event[464]:
      Date: 2018-05-02T15:31:04.971
      Description: 
    The driver \Driver\igfx failed to load for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0042&SUBSYS_304A103C&REV_02\3&b1bfb68&0&10.

Event[1708]:
      Source: cdrom
      Date: 2018-05-04T08:18:27.668
      Event ID: 51
      Opcode: N/A
      Keyword: Classic
      User: N/A
      User Name: N/A
      Description: 
    An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom1 during a paging operation.

Event[1186]:
      Date: 2018-05-03T12:11:01.744
      Description: 
    The driver \Driver\ssudmdm failed to load for the device USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860&Modem\7&f374d0&0&0001.

Friday, May 4, 2018 10:35 AM
  • Dear Bibhuti

You are just GREAT - changing the registry did the trick

Thank you very much

Kind regards

Viktor 

• Marked as answer by Viktor.Sc Friday, May 4, 2018 11:12 AM
    Friday, May 4, 2018 11:12 AM
  • thank you for all your efforts - changing the registry as per Bibhuti above solved the problem
    Friday, May 4, 2018 11:15 AM
  • Viktor.Sc,

That's great.

I'm glad to see that you got it fixed.

Friday, May 4, 2018 3:10 PM
  • Bibhuti B. Dash,

Please post some references on using Turn Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10 so that viewers can understand how and shy it should impact the function of different drivers.

• Proposed as answer by Kawish786 Saturday, May 19, 2018 11:21 AM
    Friday, May 4, 2018 3:12 PM
  • Hi,

I had the same problem. I returned to old driver of Intel HG Graphics from 2017 and it works. 

Tomas

Friday, May 11, 2018 7:36 AM
  • Hi Guys,

Resolved same problems on HP Probook 450 G5 with Intel UHD Grafics 620 and Windows 10 1803 :

- Simply uninstall the display adaptor WITH deleting the driver.

- Install latest driver from Intel.

PS : Yesterday, HP give an update... :

- Intel Consumer Management Engine (ME) Firmware Component (May 17, 2018)

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp87001-87500/sp87433.exe

Friday, May 18, 2018 4:13 PM
  • Thank you very much, I tried also too much things, but worked only your version.
    Saturday, May 19, 2018 9:05 AM
  • Thank you, had the same issue and this was the solution :-)!
    Monday, May 28, 2018 9:04 PM
  • omg thank you!! Worked like a charm on Macbook Air with Windows 10 1803 and Intel Graphics HD 3000!

Thank you again!

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:46 AM
  • This link explains how to:  Turn On or Off Core Isolation Memory Integrity in Windows 10 

For information about some drivers may still not be compatible see post #6 in this link:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/104025-turn-off-core-isolation-memory-integrity-windows-10-a.html

• Proposed as answer by Jlshown Monday, June 11, 2018 2:44 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Jlshown Monday, June 11, 2018 3:55 AM
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:59 AM
  • Thank you and this works!   I didn't have that registry key, but this link saved my laptop!  Thank you!
    • Proposed as answer by jb2078 Friday, June 15, 2018 11:58 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by jb2078 Friday, June 15, 2018 11:59 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2018 2:43 AM
  • Hi, it worked until I logged off and logged on again.  Good try though!

Monday, June 11, 2018 3:56 AM
  • Almost two weeks trying to figure a "driver" solution and the right answer is a "registry" solution. Could you please explain how is this possible even if I don't understand! BTW, thanks, great job!
    Tuesday, June 12, 2018 12:13 AM
  • Bibhuti, I created an account just to say thank you! I had looked at that setting, but it was grayed out. Your registry change fixed the video driver problem but didn't seem to negatively affect anything else. I assume the risks to my OS have gone up, but I'll have to read up on the setting. I couldn't use this laptop with the video the way it was. I had tried driver updates and other fixes. Thanks again!

Dell Vostro 3750, Intel Core i3-2310M with HD Graphics 3000, Win10 Pro 1803

• Edited by Gambaruski Friday, June 15, 2018 5:19 PM
    Friday, June 15, 2018 5:18 PM
  • I was facing the same issue and I searched for a solution for a week until I finally came across this page. Bibhuti's trick did it for me too. Thanks a lot pal! I owe you one!

Kind Regards,

Sohaib

Friday, June 22, 2018 2:29 PM
  • You are the <g class="gr_ gr_9 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="9" id="9">bestt</g>!!!!

Just spent 6 hours <g class="gr_ gr_34 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="34" id="34">tryingtofix</g> this problem and the Change the Enabled Dword Value to 0, worked <g class="gr_ gr_66 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" data-gr-id="66" id="66">treat</g>.  Many thanks

Saturday, June 30, 2018 10:24 AM
  • I've been struggling with this same issue for a week now!I 've had to reset my Laptop 4 times already and just noticed that when I turn on Core Isolation and restart,my HD 3000 Graphics goes crazy! It shows and installed but needs further installation!???

Well I just turned OFF Core Isolation and poof!!! my card is recognized and WORKING FINE and no need for further installation! :P

I have been upset with this crap;like I said for a week now,and so glad it was a simple solution and a MISTAKE on my part to turn the damn thing on to begin with.Thinking it would lock my PC down even more,yeah right!,It locked it down so I couldn't use the sucker for much more than surfing,looking at skewed images because it only gave me two choices for resolution neither of which are native to this Alienware M14XR1.It even rendered Games unplayable.Not only did it make things look like crap it interfered with gameplay by making my unit so slow I couldn't even move the mouse to aim,WASD to move.It was like using and old dial up it was so slow and unresponsive! >:(

So glad this was a simple fix;which is typical of any search,look for hours or days and find NOTHING that helps and then stumble on a simple yet effective fix!

Hope it works for any and all who've struggled with this issue. ;)

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 3:11 AM
  • Hello Bibhiti. I tried your method using the registry tweak and it worked. thanks for your time finding a solution. i have one problem now, my screen isnt white any more. the top is brownish and my letters appear reddish... please help

Sunday, August 5, 2018 11:42 PM
  • GENIUS. THANKS. YOU'RE A LIFE SAVER. :D
    Saturday, August 25, 2018 5:30 PM
  • I ran across your information and wanted to give some feedback. Normally I never send feedback or answer surveys. But after searching the internet trying to find the solution to this problem and spending a great deal of time downloading drivers I found your information and wanted to thank you for the information. It worked perfectly after opening 

RegEdit

Then Go to  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity

Change the Enabled Dword Value to 0

Worked like a charm. Thanks a million!

Stephen Weeks

Saturday, September 1, 2018 12:35 AM
  • Thank you, this works !!!
    I do this in the Windows Defender Center settings.
    In the Device Security menu -> Core Isolations Details -> Turn Off Memory Integrity.
    Monday, October 22, 2018 4:29 AM
  • You are great, great and great. I have upgraded the operating system of Dell Inspiron 5110 Laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro 1803 and faced the same problem. It is settled now on your tips. Thank you very very much.
    Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:24 AM
  • This is weird, but in order for me to get my Intel 5500 driver to work on a Dell Latitude E7450, I had to turn "on" Core Memory Isolation.

Regardless, thank you for mentioning this as a possible problem.

Back to my blackboard. I need to write "I Hate Windows" a few hundred more times.

Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:31 PM
  • I tried this fix and although it works. I get GSOD every time I reboot the PC. I had to undo it to get to boot regularly again because the only way I could get back into windows was to go to advanced boot and then choose the drive with the os on it.  Any other solutions?
    Monday, November 19, 2018 6:30 PM
  • Bibhuti you are the man. Can't tell you how long I looked for a solution. Your solution was so simple. What is the purpose of that registry entry?
    Saturday, December 8, 2018 10:04 PM
  • how do i also change the registry pliz step by step instructions
    Tuesday, December 25, 2018 8:58 AM
  • when you don't understand the description by Bibhuti B. Dash, read the Windows 10 Forum FAQ

Am I in the right place to ask my question about Windows 10?

Tuesday, December 25, 2018 10:27 AM
  • Hi Derick

suggest to proceed as per Bagusa4 above since modifying the registry is quite dangerous

below copy of Bagusa4 suggestion

Thank you, this works !!!
    I do this in the Windows Defender Center settings.
    In the Device Security menu -> Core Isolations Details -> Turn Off Memory Integrity.
    Monday, October 22, 2018 4:29 AM

Regards Viktor

Thursday, December 27, 2018 2:57 PM
  • Thank you so much for this valuable fix. I have been trying to solve this annoying problem for almost a day. BTW, I just turned off Core Isolation Memory Integrity from Windows Defender.
    Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:30 PM
  • This is just what I was looking for on my i3 Second Generation INTEL Dell Inspiron 660 6 year computer.  
    Friday, June 14, 2019 5:25 PM