none
SCOM Orchestrator and Service Now Integration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

We are planning to integrate SCOM Orchestrator and Service now to automatically create tickets for alerts generated/forwarded to SCOM. We are planning to have a bidirectional flow between these applications so that the ticket information is updated back to SCOM from SNOW.

What would the aspects i should be looking into while designing the architecture. We already have Kelverion packs for Service now.

Need suggestions if someone has designed and deployed such similar environments. I am confused on how we can use alert correlation so that we dont raise multiple tickets for the same issue.

How we can maintain the ticket priority and assignment group details.

I know this is a big questions and there are lot of aspects that has to be looked into. 

Justin

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 6:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Justin,

Kelverion have been asked this question many times over the past 9 years and so we created a ready built automation solution for SCOM to multiple Service Desks, including ServiceNow, which already has built in the bi-directional workflow and it has built in capabilities to manage ticket priority and assignment group details for individual SCOM Alert types right down to specifc Alerts.

It is called our Operations manager Routing and Remeditation Solution;

https://www.kelverion.com/products1/orchestrator-solutions/routing-remediation-solution/

You can also download it from our website and evaluate it alongside your ServiceNow IP.

This solution is in use by a large number of customers world wide, across all company sizes and verticals.

Reach out to us at info@kelverion.com and we would be happy to discuss.

• Proposed as answer by Dwalsham Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:49 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by JS2206 Thursday, March 21, 2019 12:00 PM
    Wednesday, March 20, 2019 1:53 PM
  • Hi Greg

Thank you so much for the information and i find them helpful. But i assume there could be a way to have this integrated and automated without purchasing these IP's from Kelverion as we do not have the budget for procuring them.

Any suggestions/advise would be appreciated.

Justin

Thursday, March 21, 2019 12:03 PM
  • Hi,

we have implemented this several time, with SCSM or Service Now.

SCOM Alerts has a Field called "TicketID" so, that you Primary Key to relate an SCOM Alert to your Ticket ID, and so you can update both sides, connected Alert ant Ticket with this Key Value.

Michael Seidl (MVP)

SYSCTR Senior Consultant, Blogger, CEO

Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Xing | Youtube

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 4:53 AM