Exchange Alerts don't close automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a Problem with some Exchange Alerts. I have alerts from the Exchange Server, which don't close automatically. 
    For example the Alert "Exchange 2013 MAilbox activation preference check". This Monitor don't close the alerts automatically. In the health explorer everything is green. But in the alert view there are still the events. 

In the settings, the flag "automatically close the alert when the monitor returns to a healthy state" is set.

What should be the reason, why the alerts are still open'

Regards

Stately

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 8:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Stately,

I few things to check: 

- Overrides, which prevent closing the alert.
    - Isssue with the workflows on the managenment server. In this case I would take a look at the Operations Manager Event Log and check for related events (issues with workflows for example).
    - Does this happen always or was this just an exception?

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Tuesday, April 7, 2020 8:38 AM
  • Hi Stately,

For our issue, Please check the "resolution state" of the alert in SCOM console, if it is new. I suggest to schedule a non-business time to restart the SQL server and SCOM server to see if the alert will go away.

Please try the above steps and if there's any update, please let us know.

Best regards.
    Crystal

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 1:29 AM
  • Hi Stately,

How's everything going? Was our issue resolved? If there's any update, feel free to let us know.

Best regards.

Crystal

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 8:02 AM
  • Hi Stately,

Research and find a known issue. Please check if it meet your situation. If yes, try to refer to the installation instructions in the following article to install the hotfixes to see if our issue is resolved:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4551468/system-center-operations-manager-2019-hotfix-for-alert-management

Hope it can help.

Best regards.
    Crystal

Friday, April 24, 2020 2:03 AM
  • Hi,

It can be a stuck alert. I would recommend flushing the agent cache both on the agent & its Primary MS that it's reporting to. Alternatively, you can also reset health of the agent & then close the alert. 

Regards,

Amit

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog:

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 6:52 AM