Need help to build a Custom Authentication Method for AD FS 4 in Windows Server 2016 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have built a Custom Authentication Method for AD FS 3 on Windows Server 2012 R2 using the following link - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/adfs-windows-server-2012R2/dn783423(v=msdn.10).

We tried using the same assembly file for running the Authentication Method on Windows Server 2016. The configuration for the Authentication Provider gets completed following the same steps as for AD FS 3. Though when I try to run the AD FS IdP initiated sign, the Authentication Method does not come into the flow. ADFS events also do not throw any error.

Please guide if anyone has any pointers or suggestion.

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 9:45 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Maybe a dumb question, but have you enable the IdPInitiated page :

Set-AdfsProperties –EnableIdpInitiatedSignonPage $True

Blog : itpro-tips.com
    itpro_tipscom

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:11 AM
  • Yes... I have... I am able to access the IdpInitiatedSignon Page but after credential validation it directly says You are signed in. No MFA page as in AD FS 3.
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 1:45 PM
  • Which MFA are you using?

This is what you probably needs to do, run Get-AdfsAdditionalAuthenticationRule and then rune Set-AdfsAdditionalAuthenticationRule, but change the Value=="false" to Value=="true".

If you could work it around in a different way, I'll be happy to hear about that.

Monday, March 11, 2019 9:08 PM
  • Hi Sahil, did you ever resolve this? I have the same exact problem. Trying to run it on 2016 and it never comes up. 

Thanks,

Anthony

Thursday, March 5, 2020 10:39 PM