none
Unable to package and deploy Windows Update Assistant tools for Win10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi friends,

I am required to test and package for Windows Update Assistant tools which we're planning to be deployed to the whole campus, is that possible to do this from SCCM ?

It seems that whenever i tried to manually install on the local machine, it doesn't give me the option to choose the directory folder to choose where can we install the Windows Update Assistant (WUA)

Is that possible to package this under SCCM or cannot ?

Thanks!

Friday, October 4, 2019 8:23 AM

All replies

• Is the download just a standalone executable you run?

Maybe I am looking at the wrong thing. If it is just an exe you run from anywhere you can just copy it to a location via Configuration Manager sure.

https://home.configmgrftw.com/copying-files-to-clients-using-configmgr/

Richard Knight | Collection Refresh Manager | Automate detection rules for patch \ msp files | Twitter

Friday, October 4, 2019 10:35 AM
  • Is that possible to package this under SCCM or cannot ?

ConfigMgr simply runs the command-line that you give it using the source files that you give it. If it's not doing what you think it should, it's not ConfigMgr's fault or responsibility. Thus, this question really has no meaning. You need to investigate the tool itself and determine how it works.

Are you actually on ConfigMgr 2012 though? If so, 2012 does not support Windows 10 so you need to upgrade to current branch first. If are on current branch, then why not use Win10 Servicing instead?

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Friday, October 4, 2019 11:58 AM
  • Dear Sir,

Just checking in to see if there are any updates. Has this issue been solved? Please feel free to feedback and if the reply is helpful, please kindly click “Mark as answer”. It would make the reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar question.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 6:37 AM
  • Yes, whenever we launched the application, it will just only scan and retrieve any available updates from Microsoft if we ran this. Once i launched this application, i cannot choose any specific program directory for the installation or which target directory will install and save the file.

I will upload the relevant screenshot tomorrow for clearer picture. Thanks.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:55 AM
  • Nope, haven't resolve yet. Thanks.
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:55 AM
  • Hi friends,

I am required to test and package for Windows Update Assistant tools which we're planning to be deployed to the whole campus, is that possible to do this from SCCM ?

It seems that whenever i tried to manually install on the local machine, it doesn't give me the option to choose the directory folder to choose where can we install the Windows Update Assistant (WUA)

Is that possible to package this under SCCM or cannot ?

Thanks!

Yes, this morning i tried to create this application and manage to deploy to one of our test laptop. Once deployed, i tried to run the application, but it's prompted for admin credentials to run/execute the application. Kindly advise what should i fix in order to resolve this issue. Thank you.

Friday, October 11, 2019 3:40 AM