none
How to configure AD RMS with Sharepoint server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I have following enviroment

VM01= Windows 2012 R2 Data center Server [Having AD DS and AD RMS ] installed

VM02= Os= Windows 2012 R2 Data center Sever

Appplication= Microsoft office sharepoint server 2016

DB = MS SQL 2012 

Every thing is working fine, AD RMS working fine with office suite (word, execl), but when i enable IRM---- in sharepoint selecting 2nd option: Use the default rms specified in active directory. I am getting below error

MS Configuration not working: The required Active Directory Rights Management Service Client (MSIPC.DLL) is present but could not be configured properly. IRM will not work until the client is configured

I tried many articles, but not successful to integrated AD RMS with sharepoint.

Please help me out

Regards

M.Amir

Friday, April 28, 2017 6:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Amir, 

Error is pretty generic and might fail due to several reasons. If you are using the 2nd option (Use default rms .. ) and it fails, then most probably Service Connection Point of AD RMS is not configured. 

Otherwise you have the 3rd option and specify the RMS URL yourself. In this case, you need to know the IIS binding configuration on how to reach your RMS server. 

Here some guidance which might help: 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7706.sharepoint-rms-integration.aspx

More details also in this old article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2008-R2-and-2008/ee259515(v=ws.10)

In cases I saw mostly it's related to wrong URL used to connect to RMS, missing permissions on ServerCertification.asmx, SSL errors if RMS server is configured with HTTPS (CAPI2 logs).

Hope this helps

Vlad

• Proposed as answer by Vlad Mihat Tuesday, July 30, 2019 2:21 PM
    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 2:21 PM