none
Issue in building App store’s item [from .exe to .appx] for offline java desktop application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

We have developed an open source CAD software viz. ‘DigiBunai’ to help grass root user of textile community for optimizing the process and digitize the data. As the most of the user groups are comfortable with windows environment, we are trying to use the windows app store as  a delivery method to increase the  outreach of the application. This will enhance the accessibility of the application.

I want to publish my java application as app store item. In this regard, I have created an Java Desktop Application (.jar ) and then converted the same (created .batch file to trigger the application .jar file) to Executable (.exe) using Advanced Installer 14.5.2. Therefore I have build an store APP (.appx) file using Advanced Installer 15.6 from my executable file.

Now when I install and launch the app. I am getting a about java screen popup which is not the scenario if I launch the executable.

The problem may in conversion of .exe to .appx. Here in Application Details tab under Advanced Installer, I have ‘start point’ configuration where I can't able to locate my application (.batch or .jar file) and it is by default pointed to aboutjava.exe.

I have also tried to build an sote APP file using DesktopAppConverter (DesktopAppConverter.exe & Windows_BaseImage_DAC_17134.wim) through powershell from my executable file and I am getting the message "Waiting for installer process to complete inside Isolated Environment" and stucked. 

I am working on following environment

Operating System: Windows 10 version 1803 (OS build 17134.523)
    Development Environment: JDK1.7.79
    Running Environment: JRE1.7.79 or above
    MSI Package Creator: Advanced Installer 14.5.2
    Desktop App Convertor: Advanced Installer 15.6

I request you to provide support to package and publish my java application as App store item.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 9:36 AM