Windows 10 Google Chrome and GPOs RRS feed

Answers

• Hello,

You are welcome. It is a great honor to server you and I appreciate your great support. 

Thank you for sharing your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions. 

Thanks, yeah, it is summer now and I will have a shiny summer :) Thanks again and have a really wonderful day. 

Best regards,
    Hannah Xiong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by JermiahAlp Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by -OSD- Thursday, July 9, 2020 8:39 AM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:16 AM
  • Hello,

You are welcome. Thank you so much for your feedback.

According to our description, we would like to set Google Chrome home page on Windows 10 Pro, which is not domain joined. 

I did the test on the non domain joined Win 10 computer and it seems that the group policy could show and we could configure the policies. 

For more information, we could refer to:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/187202

For any question, please feel free to contact us. 

Please note: Information posted in the given link is hosted by a third party. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy and effectiveness of information.

Best regards,
    Hannah Xiong

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by -OSD- Wednesday, July 8, 2020 8:35 AM
    Tuesday, July 7, 2020 6:47 AM
  • Hello,

This policy is available only on Windows instances that are joined to a Microsoft® Active Directory® domain. or Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise instances that enrolled for device management. 

Hope the information is helpful. For any question, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
    Hannah Xiong

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 8:08 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

According to the provided MS document, Google Chrome home page could be set via group policies. Yes, it is only for domain joined devices. 

If we would like to set the policies on workgroup, we could copy the Google policy ADMX file and ADML file to PolicyDefinitions folder under %systemroot%. 

Then open the Local Group Policy to set the policies for non-domain joined devices. 

Best regards,
    Hannah Xiong

Friday, July 3, 2020 3:29 AM
  • Thanks Hannah for reply, appreciated your efforts.

I have performed this already but none of the group policy takes effect for Chrome. When I searched it, somehow I came to know that on some blogs that Chrome should be running on networked /domain joined devices, this is why I asked here for confirmation. 
    I only want to set Google Chrome home page for all users on Windows 10 Pro (standalone).

Friday, July 3, 2020 7:40 AM
  • Hello,

According to our description, we would like to set Google Chrome home page on Windows 10 Pro, which is not domain joined. 

I did the test on the non domain joined Win 10 computer and it seems that the group policy could show and we could configure the policies. 

For more information, we could refer to:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/187202

Please note: Information posted in the given link is hosted by a third party. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy and effectiveness of information.

Best regards,
    Hannah Xiong

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 6:47 AM
  • Thanks again Hannah for testing this in your lab environment. 

That's correct, I am able to set the Group Policy on local computer but it problem I am discussing, it's not applying (or setting the home page). This is the reason I was looking for and came to know it's application /functional if a PC is domain joined. Is this correct?

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 8:48 AM
  • Hello,

This policy is available only on Windows instances that are joined to a Microsoft® Active Directory® domain. or Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise instances that enrolled for device management. 

Hope the information is helpful. For any question, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
    Hannah Xiong

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 8:08 AM
  • Exactly, so what I read on forums was correct, i.e. even we can have ADMX for local computer, the policy will not take effect for standalone PCs.

I appreciate your testing and confirmation, otherwise, I would remain unsure if I am doing it wrong or if's not supported.

Have a really wonderful day and shiny summer (if it's summer in your geo location :) ).

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 8:35 AM
  • Hello,

You are welcome. It is a great honor to server you and I appreciate your great support. 

Thank you for sharing your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions. 

Thanks, yeah, it is summer now and I will have a shiny summer :) Thanks again and have a really wonderful day. 

Best regards,
    Hannah Xiong

• Proposed as answer by JermiahAlp Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by -OSD- Thursday, July 9, 2020 8:39 AM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:16 AM
  • Hey thanks for solving this GPO issue. It helped a lot. That's the thing I like most about Microsoft that their support is really quick. Keep helping us. Thank u.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:47 AM