TLS in IE 7 turns off and ssl 2.0 turns on without user intervention on Windows XP RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry that this is probably the wrong section but this is the only area i could find that addresses Internet Explorer.  I seem to have a problem on at least one of my users computers where randomly (or appears to be randomly) when IE 7 on Windows XP is started TLS will have been disabled and SSL 2.0 is enabled.  Doesn't do it every time you restart the computer or IE, just seems to be something that happens from time to time.  What could be causing this to change?  This has been a worry some problem because of the out dated SSL 2.0 turning on which we are not ok with using.  SSL 3.0 never seems to be affected as it seems to always stay enabled.

Micah

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

After checking the issue, it seems this is a general Windows XP related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows Vista specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows XP forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itproxpsp/threads

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 6:46 AM
  • I will repost over there but as Firefox and Chrome are not affected it seems more like an IE issue.
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 4:37 PM