none
SCCM 1906 and Software Center and Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

If I deploy an Application to the "device Collections", I have to select a client machine and I can check "An administrator must approve a request for this application on the device". (of Course ONLY if I select "Available")

1.question

What happen in Software center? And How look it there? Does it appears in software center?

If I deploy an Application to the "User Collections", I have to select a client machine and I can check "An administrator must approve a request for this application on the device".

2.question

What happen in Software center? And How look it there? Does it appears in software center?

My plan is that I want to deploy all my applications Office, Adobe, Winzip, et cetera(Like a catalog) to the Software center and the user can select it and install it. But the Admin should approve it.

Which method is the best way to do that? "User Collections" or "device Collections"?

What happened after the user installed the application on the software center? Is the application still "request approve"?

Thank you

Nick

• Edited by mpng2008 Friday, October 11, 2019 2:27 PM
    Friday, October 11, 2019 2:26 PM

Answers

• I mean is the application shows in "Application" tab or not?

Yes, where else would it show?

Which method is the best way to do that? "User Collections" or "device Collections"?

Same answer. There's no such thing as best. It all depends on your requirements and your desired experience.

I strongly suggest reading the documentation on application management so that you can understand the capabilities of the tool set and match those to your requirements: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/apps/understand/introduction-to-application-management

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

• Marked as answer by mpng2008 Friday, October 11, 2019 10:01 PM
    Friday, October 11, 2019 8:53 PM

All replies

• What happen in Software center? And How look it there? Does it appears in software center?

For user targeting, yes it shows in Software Center. Instead of an Install button, the user gets a Request button for the software.

For device targeting, no it does not show and must be triggered from the admin console (if you are on 1906) or PowerShell if you are on 1902.

> Which method is the best way to do that? "User Collections" or "device Collections"?

There is no best method. You need to use the method that matches your requirements.

What happened after the user installed the application on the software center? Is the application still "request approve"?

Sorry, I don't know what you are asking here. Yes, installed applications are shown in Software Center with the status "Installed" assuming you haven't configured the client settings to hide them.

Friday, October 11, 2019 3:45 PM
  • Hi Jason,

Thanks for your replay. I know if the user installed the application, it shows in "installed Status", I mean is the application shows in "Application" tab or not?

I did mean for my plan to provide the user all our software.

Regards

Friday, October 11, 2019 8:39 PM
  • I mean is the application shows in "Application" tab or not?

Yes, where else would it show?

Same answer. There's no such thing as best. It all depends on your requirements and your desired experience.

I strongly suggest reading the documentation on application management so that you can understand the capabilities of the tool set and match those to your requirements: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/apps/understand/introduction-to-application-management

• Marked as answer by mpng2008 Friday, October 11, 2019 10:01 PM
    Friday, October 11, 2019 8:53 PM
  • Hi,

Thank Jason very much for the solution provided. Here's a short summary for the problem.

Request/Expectation:
    1.Deploy an Application to the "device Collections", and check "An administrator must approve a request for this application on the device", What happen in Software center? And How look it there? Does it appears in software center?

2.Deploy all applications to the Software center and the user can select it and install it. But the Admin should approve it. Which method is the best way to do that? "User Collections" or "device Collections"?

3.What happened after the user installed the application on the software center?

Solution Summary:
    1.For device targeting, no it does not show and must be triggered from the admin console (if you are on 1906) or PowerShell (if you are on 1902).

2.There is no best method. You need to use the method that matches your requirements.

3.The application shows in "Application" tab.

Regards,
    Allen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:41 AM