none
Update-OfflineAddressBook‎ cmdlet missing

Question

• I opened a remote session with our Office 365 Exchange Online solution to force updating the offline address book, but the command to do so doesn't seem to exist for me somehow. Other related OAB commands are there, but for some reason, only the Update- one is missing:

PS C:\Users\complys> update-offlineaddressbook update-offlineaddressbook : The term 'update-offlineaddressbook' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:1 char:1 + update-offlineaddressbook + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (update-offlineaddressbook:String) [], CommandNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException PS C:\Users\complys> get-help *offlineaddress* Name Category Module Synopsis ---- -------- ------ -------- Get-OfflineAddressBook Cmdlet This cmdlet is available in on-premises Exchan... New-OfflineAddressBook Cmdlet This cmdlet is available in on-premises Exchan... Remove-OfflineAddressBook Cmdlet This cmdlet is available in on-premises Exchan... Set-OfflineAddressBook Cmdlet This cmdlet is available in on-premises Exchan...

I opened a remote session using...

PS C:\Users\complys> $session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri "https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/" -Credential $cred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection
    PS C:\Users\complys> Import-PSSession $session

... and am a member of the "Address List" Role Group, but the command is apparently non-existent. I m using Powershell 5. How do I import the command to my session?

Thursday, November 17, 2016 8:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In exchange online, no Update-OfflineAddressBook cmdlet. You can run the following command to check.

Get-ManagementRoleEntry "Address Lists\*OfflineAddressBook"

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 18, 2016 11:04 AM

All replies

• you don't have access to  'update-offlineaddressbook' in exchange online 

don't forget this is a shared space and there is many cmd restricted. the update will occurs daily by default.

• Proposed as answer by GUIz49 Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:18 PM
    Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:18 PM
  • Hi,

In exchange online, no Update-OfflineAddressBook cmdlet. You can run the following command to check.

Get-ManagementRoleEntry "Address Lists\*OfflineAddressBook"

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 18, 2016 11:04 AM
  • Thank you!

Hi

Friday, November 18, 2016 1:38 PM