none
Newbie help needed - Tech Support Needed - How to get tech support on free plan while learning RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am an out of work and truly broke (on food stamps etc..) help desk analyst looking to increase my skills as inexpensively as possible.  I am additionally working with New Jersey Dept of Labor Vocational Rehabilitation to get treatment for my Attention Deficit Disorder which is why I, at age 52 do not have any certifications on my resume and desperately need them.  I cannot afford to buy or get a machine to build my first server in my apartment so I have decided to use the Free Azure account platform to build a server and network so I can get the experience.

I have already signed up for my free account and created my customized desktop but when I went to create a resource it keeps putting me to "start free account" which I already did because I am signed into that account.  I tried using the "Help and Support" tile but it puts me into having to pick a support plan.  I do not have the money nor want to purchase a support plan.  I have tried other options in that tile and when I tried to create a request the options are for account management or billing and NOT for tech support requests at all.  This MSDN community is the only opportunity available to me to post a desperate plea/cry for help.

Does anyone know how to submit a true TECH support request to find out why my Azure account keeps pointing me to create a new free account instead of allowing me to create a resource group?  I am desperate and additionally don't even see on this screen how to make certain I get email notifications on replies to this request I am doing so I am going to sign this with my email address for replies to make certain I get the replies.

Sincerely,

Alisa

Alisa.Klein.Job.Hunt@gmail.com

Saturday, October 12, 2019 10:40 PM

All replies

• Does anyone know how to submit a true TECH support request to find out why my Azure account keeps pointing me to create a new free account instead of allowing me to create a resource group?  I am desperate and additionally don't even see on this screen how to make certain I get email notifications on replies to this request I am doing so I am going to sign this with my email address for replies to make certain I get the replies.

Sincerely,

Alisa

Alisa.Klein.Job.Hunt@gmail.com

For login issues, please check if it helps - Troubleshoot Azure subscription sign-in issues

You can post your questions on this forums. MS team members will try help as soon as they can. 

To get the email notification when someone responds on the thread, you can use Alert Me button and also you have to provide your email address on which you get email notification in My Settings. 

Regards,
    Vaibhav

Monday, October 14, 2019 7:01 AM
  • Azure free trail comes with $200 for 30days. While deploying resources and using services on Azure if you've exhausted this limit, you would not be able to create any other resource. However, in your case the error is different. I suggest checking the balance in your account just to make sure you're falling in that category.

If balance is zero, you need to upgrade to Pay-As-You-Go subscription by linking your credit card to continue services on Azure.

If you've balance in your account and still getting the same error, I suggest reaching out to Azure subscription management team by creating a support request which is free to investigate the issue. Here is the link https://docs.microsoft.com/en-in/azure/azure-supportability/how-to-create-azure-support-request to create support case.

Refer to - Few suggestions to avoid charges with your Azure free account

Monday, October 14, 2019 12:27 PM