ping request Could not find host domainname RRS feed

• Question

• i have a domain name which i want to point to my private server as i am setting up the sberver and the server is on the virtual machine. I have set the static ip and add that ip to my domain DNS setting....but when i ping domain name in powershell or CMD..... like ping domain.com => "ping request could not find the host domain.com. Please check the name and try again"(i got this error.....while on the other hand if I ping from window 10 CMD.... i got reply from the domain.com....so the issue is....why can't i ping domain.com from my server machine

Please help me solve this problem

• Moved by jrv Thursday, July 16, 2020 9:18 AM Correct forum
    Thursday, July 16, 2020 8:44 AM

All replies

• domain.com = mydomain.com....so don't conflict in name

Thursday, July 16, 2020 8:46 AM
  • 1 your issue not related to powershell but to general windows server configuration

2 if you have problem with name resolution you have grate tool for debugging that - nslookup. Take a look on it

The opinion expressed by me is not an official position of Microsoft

Thursday, July 16, 2020 9:04 AM
  • so ca you help configure it

Thursday, July 16, 2020 11:06 AM
  • so ca you help configure it

for sure but i have a job :)

in case if you do not know how to use nslookup, try google it

toolname was provided in the first answer

at the same time if you have network admins in your organization thay also may help you with this problem. If you want any other help with server/network configuration, please create new topic in the correct forum 

The opinion expressed by me is not an official position of Microsoft

Thursday, July 16, 2020 11:35 AM
  • Hi ,

Would you please post the result of running ipconfig/all at the command prompt on the computer to let us know the machine’s configuration?

Compare the ipconfig /all results of your windows 10 machine and server machine.

Note: since this is a public forum, everyone could view your information, please remove private information that might leak your privacy.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Friday, July 17, 2020 4:21 AM
  • Provide 2 tests:

nslookup mydomain.om & Resolve-DNSName mydomain.com

what have you got as result?

Friday, July 17, 2020 5:59 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.                   

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Monday, July 20, 2020 2:00 AM