none
I would like to Validate Affected users Computer Name, how can we achieve this. RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to Validate Affected users Computer Name, how can we achieve this.

in Runbook, i can get affected user and i would like to do some operation on this local computer. but before this i would like to get Affected users computer name as well. So that after verification i can automate some tasks. may i know how we can achieve this.

Monday, February 11, 2019 2:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you talking about the computer CIs in SCSM CMDB the Affected User is the Primary Owner?

How do you want to get this? Via PowerShell or SCORCH activities only?

Andreas Baumgarten

Monday, February 11, 2019 2:32 PM
  • Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your reply,

Yes exactly i want the computer CIs in SCSM CMDB the Affected User is the Primary Owner

i would prefer SCORCH activities, or else powershell will also work.

Monday, February 11, 2019 2:46 PM
  • Here we go.

Runbook:

Input UserName (Initialize Data):

Get User Object filtered by UserName:

Get Relationship of User and Computer class:

Filter Relationship = Primary User

Get Related Computer (User is Primary User):

Hope this helps.

Andreas Baumgarten

Monday, February 11, 2019 3:46 PM
  • Hi,

from one of you pervious threads I guess you're using the SCSM Portal.

In case that the user should only get the Computers for choice where he is the primary user you can manage this in the Request Offering.

Choose "Query Results" as Prompt type for the computer. In "Configure Prompts" choose "Combination Classes" and "Computer (advanced)". Select "Primary User" and there "Active Directory User".  Add the constraint "User Name" and set it should equal the token "Portal User Name":

Regards,

Stefan

More and news about System Center at stillcool.de and sc-orchestartor.eu .

Monday, February 11, 2019 7:30 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your valuable reply. 

I am unable to find Computer (Advance) please suggest.

and in configure criteria unable to see primary users as well (in next step)

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 9:55 AM
  • Hi Andreas,

thanks for your valuable reply. i tried your suggestion, but i didnt get any output from get computer object. do we have to maintain user's system anywhere then please let me know. 

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 9:57 AM
  • Hi,

instead of "All basic classes" select "Combination classes":

You'll see Primary User" as "Computer (advanced)" is selected.

Regards,

Stefan

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:15 AM
    Answerer
  • The Primary Owner of the computer config item must be set.

Check if at least one Computer is linked with the user as "Primary User". If no computer is related to the user no Get Computer activity will be triggered. 

This can be done manually, during an automated prozess via SCORCH or automated with the connector to System Center Configuration Manager (User-Device Affinity).

Andreas Baumgarten

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:16 AM
  • Hi Andreas,

I am not getting through next activity get computer object from get computer relatiobship. below is my configuration

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:28 AM
  • Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:28 AM
  • Hi stefan,

Thank for your reply, i would like to use that value of computer getting on populated on portal. which activity shall i use is it get relationship and computer as class.

Basically i would like to prepare service offering for end users to raise request for local admin access

above auto population of computer linked to user, is a validation that user should not raise ticket for other system.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:32 AM
  • Hi,

if there is a question I don't understand that question .... sorry.

If you configure to select computers in the Request Offering like above the user gets only the Computers for selection where he is the primary user.

Regards,

Stefan

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:06 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello Stefan,

After selection of computer name in portal, i would like to use that computer name in runbook to take certain action.

which runbook activity shall i use.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 7:16 AM
  • Hi,

you must configure in the Request Offering to "Add user-selected objects to template objects as affected configuration items" (or "Add user-selected objects to template objects as related items"):

Than you can use "Get Relationship" to get it. Here is a post with explanations how to get a related "Active Directory User" instead of "Active Directory Computer": https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/antoni/2013/08/30/using-built-in-system-center-service-manager-relationships-in-system-center-orchestrator/

Regards,

Stefan

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 3:02 PM
    Answerer
  • hello Stefan Thanks for your response. I am using same relationship method. and same way populating user selected property inyo runbbok activity template from service request

but still I m not getting computer name in rubook

please suggest

I have below computer name in Service request that I want to use in to above runbook to get computer and run some commands on it.

Friday, February 15, 2019 9:28 AM
  • There are many mismatches. I will provide you an export of an example Runbook.

How is the name of your AD Connector? For Service Manager it is SCSM I see from the screenshot.

Is the Parameter ActivityGuid from Initialize Data is already mapped to the Runbook Automation Activity ID in the Service Request template?

Regards,

Stefan

Friday, February 15, 2019 10:47 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

here are the screenshots:

Good Luck!

Stefan

Friday, February 15, 2019 12:31 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi stefan Thanks for your help.

Everything is correct but only concern is i am not getting Affected/ Configuration items pass though link validation though i have Configuration items present in my service request. 

I have tried with both Affected Configuration items & Configuration items

Monday, February 18, 2019 1:31 PM
  • i am able to solve this, as i have not used relationship class equals to affected user configuration item

thanks stefan for your help

• Marked as answer by Mahesh_Gaikwad Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:30 AM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:30 AM