My remote desktop is asking for a password to connect to Main desktop? which password is it? RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed WIndows 10 pro to 2 desktops, My remote desktop is asking for a password to connect to Main desktop? which password is it? PIN? else? Frustrating. 
    Saturday, July 25, 2020 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Usually,the password is the password you use to log into the server you want to connect remotely. There is no pin code involved in this situation.

If you log into with a microsoft account, the password is the microsoft password.

Hope this can help you.

This "Remote Desktop Client" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details. 

"Remote Desktop Client" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Remote Desktop Client"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Phoebe Lu Monday, July 27, 2020 10:00 AM
    Monday, July 27, 2020 10:00 AM
  • Hi,

Is there anything I can help you?

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:39 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going now?Have the problem solved?

Friday, July 31, 2020 9:34 AM