none
SCCM Application RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a SAP package and setup of the source is located at C:\27\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\Win32\Setup

To install the applicaiton using command line : I run  locally from command prompt: install.cmd

then Application is installed successfully from commandline.

I imported the application into SCCM, this Install.cmd is located in subfolders of SAP Source

\\Servershare\\Software\WIN10_Apps\SAP_GUI_760_Win10\PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\Win32\Setup\Install.cmd

of which SAP_GUI_760_Win10 is the Root folder of the Source 

Program: Cscript.exe Setup.vbs Install , does not work as the VBS is not Located in the root of the SAP source imported in sccm. 

It gives error in Software center : 0x1(1)

Could some one provide me the Program to be configured in SCCM.
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:43 AM

Answers

• 1612 = "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it."

This is something specific to the VBScript. It is calling an MSI possibly using an invalid path, Without knowing what that VBScript code is, not much can be said. It's clearly making an assumption though about the MSI location that isn't true when deployed using ConfigMgr. As noted, I can't say exactly without seeing the VBScript code though.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

• Edited by Jason SandysMVP Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rafi Baig Friday, October 25, 2019 11:42 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:01 PM
  • IF all you need to install the application is inside the "setup".

Copy just the Setup folder to SCCM and change your .cmd file like follow:

::======================

@Echo off
    set source=%~dp0

Cscript.exe "%source%Setup.vbs" Install

:: The %~dp0 point to current folder (this will redirect to whatever folder is in ccmcache directory)

Otherwise.

If you need everything from the folder SAP_GUI_760_Win10

PUT YOUR INSTALL.CMD INSIDE the ROOT SAP_GUI_760_Win10 folder and use the follow:

@Echo off
    set source=%~dp0

Cscript.exe "%source%PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\Win32\Setup\Setup.vbs" Install

you can test MANUALLY FIRST removing the ECHO OFF line and putting a PAUSE at end of .cmd file to see if the script works before send to SCCM.

• Marked as answer by Rafi Baig Friday, October 25, 2019 11:41 AM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 11:28 AM

All replies

• Can you share the batch file details, how you are calling the vbs file to install?
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:17 AM
  • Hi Kalyan,

Thank for your reply

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

@Echo off

Cscript.exe "Setup.vbs" Install

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

When I call this from Command prompt, installation works fine but not from SCCM program.

• Edited by Rafi Baig Tuesday, October 15, 2019 8:14 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 8:13 AM
  • I recently deployed this version of the application, the version I was given was just a stand alone exe which installed with

sapname.exe /silent

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Basis/SAP+GUI+Packaging+and+Installation

Richard Knight | Collection Refresh Manager | Automate detection rules for patch \ msp files | Twitter

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 8:14 AM
  • Hello Rafi Baig,

Thanks for posting in TechNet.

Sorry I'm a little confused about the Setup.vbs file, where is it located? If it is not located in the source folder of the package, we should specify the startup folder when creating the program, so the command line could run from the specified location. 

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/apps/deploy-use/packages-and-programs#create-a-standard-program 

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 8:28 AM
  • Cscript.exe Setup.vbs Install , does not work as the VBS is not Located in the root of the SAP source imported in sccm. 

Then specify the path to the .vbs file just as you can from a command-prompt. Using a batch file doesn't change this in any way as you'd still have to call that from the sub-folder. It also adds a useless level of indirection making everything more difficult to troubleshoot.

Your command line simply needs to be something like this:

cscript //nologo PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\Win32\Setup\setup.vbs Install

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:15 PM
  • Honestly, no, please don't do this. If you need to call something from a sub-folder, simply specify the sub-folder when calling that something. The above changes the current local working directory which has other impacts.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:16 PM
  • Hi Jason,

Greetings !! 

I have tried to change the Program to Cscript "PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\Win32\Setup\setup.vbs" Install and the VBS is getting called sucessfully first few line of the script excute successfully, because I could it removes the previous version of SAP and then fails , If I run this package locally from command prompt it works fine.

Strangly , Application works on test computer from Software center.

and it fails on other test computers: 0x64C(1612)

AppEnforce.log

____________________________________________________________________________

• Edited by Rafi Baig Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:48 PM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:43 PM
  • 1612 = "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it."

This is something specific to the VBScript. It is calling an MSI possibly using an invalid path, Without knowing what that VBScript code is, not much can be said. It's clearly making an assumption though about the MSI location that isn't true when deployed using ConfigMgr. As noted, I can't say exactly without seeing the VBScript code though.

• Edited by Jason SandysMVP Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rafi Baig Friday, October 25, 2019 11:42 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:01 PM
  • IF all you need to install the application is inside the "setup".

Copy just the Setup folder to SCCM and change your .cmd file like follow:

@Echo off
    set source=%~dp0

Cscript.exe "%source%Setup.vbs" Install

:: The %~dp0 point to current folder (this will redirect to whatever folder is in ccmcache directory)

Otherwise.

If you need everything from the folder SAP_GUI_760_Win10

PUT YOUR INSTALL.CMD INSIDE the ROOT SAP_GUI_760_Win10 folder and use the follow:

@Echo off
    set source=%~dp0

Cscript.exe "%source%PRES1\GUI\WINDOWS\Win32\Setup\Setup.vbs" Install

you can test MANUALLY FIRST removing the ECHO OFF line and putting a PAUSE at end of .cmd file to see if the script works before send to SCCM.

• Marked as answer by Rafi Baig Friday, October 25, 2019 11:41 AM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 11:28 AM
  • Hello,

I have noticed that you have not updated for several days, how are things going? Feel free to feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 21, 2019 2:37 AM
  • Hello Sidnei,

I have find the rootcause, This package has a setup.vbs that will remove the old version of SAP installed on the devices, that includes the 3 MSI's associated with previous verion of SAP GUI, during this step it fails, when the setup.vbs executes 

MsiExec.exe /X {90A8561B-4B33-490B-B10C-6CBB1078185C} /passive /norestart::MsiExec.exe /X {9291AF34-64C6-4AFE-B6E3-9AF5C7FB17B0} /passive /norestart

in this case this case though we have placed the MSI in the package, it is not using the MSI located in source folder, rather it is looking for the ccmcache or  incase if the ccmcache is removed then it will fallback to  Windows/Installer, where we have a copy of it. in the current senario the, some one has removed the flies in Windows/Installer (which is not recommended) and deleted the source files of old package in Ccmcache.

Many Thanks  for the Help!!

Rafi Baig

Friday, October 25, 2019 11:51 AM