Unable to configure reporting services (SharePoint Integrated) on SQL Server 2012 RC0 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed SharePoint 2010 on top of SQL Server 2012 RC0.  Up and running nicely.  I re-ran SQL Server installation to add Reporting Services in SharePoint Integrated mode.  The installation completes successfully.  Have also installed the SharePoint add-in. 

Re-ran the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard and verified that Reporting Services is installed.  Verified that the Reporting Services service is running.  However, I noticed that the Service is "not installed" on my Server.  The Database Engine and Analysis Services are installed and running.  I have no entry for Reporting Services.  Therefore I cannot "see" is from the "Reporting Services Configuration Manager" and hence cannot obtain a URL as requested in: SharePoint Central Administration -> General Application Settings -> SQL Server Reporting Services (2008 and 2008R2) -> Reporting Services Integration.

I saw another post (unanswered) with similar issues.  One response noted that Reporting Services (Integrated) for SQL Server 2012 is not a Windows Service, but rather a SharePoint Service

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010setup/thread/b5d025fb-7b98-4e84-9c51-bdb4a1c25a03

Is there a separate installation/configuration process for SSRS on SQL Server 2012?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Mario

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 10:01 PM

Answers

All replies