none
Problems with missing templates and deployment of tabular model in SSDT RRS feed

• Dotaz

• Hi,

I am an Excel and Power Pivot person learning SQL SSAS. I have built a tabular data model from SQL Server 2017. I could not deploy it and only satisfied myself playing with it for sometime in Excel. Reason being my SQL server was installed in tabular mode.

I am using SQL Server 2017 v18, SSDT 2017 v 15.9.13. I always logon to SQL Server using Windows Authentication because I don't know how to set/link my credentials with SQL server. My SQL server name is ARJUN\SQL. When I try to deploy a tabular model going to the properties, I see something like localhost. I do not know how to change it to deploy my model successfully. I tried changing it to ARJUN\SQL\AdeventureWorkTabular (something like this). But I could not as it says it cannot connect to the server.. I have been struggling with this nasty thing for the last 4 days, silly to share with somebody. Eyes were paining like hell reading a lot about this on internet.

My goal is to learn MDX as I already know DAX and played enough with tabular. I want to change my SQL instance to Multi-Dimensional all the way uninstalling and reinstalling again. That's another problem waiting for me. Many solutions on internet and don't know what to follow...sat on my knees in the SQL desert looking at the sky being thirsty for knowledge.

Q1, How can I deploy a tabular model successfully, what are the requirements for that?

Q2, Why my SSDT templates are missing repeatedly and it sometimes says "AdventureWorks is incompatible"  and "this application is not installed" in the solutions Explorer. Fourth time uninstalling and reinstalling the SSDT in two days.

Q3, I could not deploy my tabular model to my SQL Analysis services instance, why?

Somebody please save me !!

with tears..!

Arjun

ArjunMShetty

úterý 2. července 2019 12:07

Odpovědi

• Hi Arjun,

Thanks for your meaningful description.

I know that you are waiting for somebody to help you overcome your doubts. Therefore, I sympathize with you in what has happened to you. For this purpose, here are my answers for your questions.

>>

Q1, How can I deploy a tabular model successfully, what are the requirements for that?

Q3, I could not deploy my tabular model to my SQL Analysis services instance, why?

<<

Question 1 and Question 3 are the same question, per your description, you said that you have typed out "ARJUN\SQL\AdeventureWorkTabular" in the server property. It should be ARJUN\SQL, which is same as the name in SSMS when you log into Analysis service instance.

If it doesn't work, please provide us error message or screenshot for reference.

>>

Q2, Why my SSDT templates are missing repeatedly and it sometimes says "AdventureWorks is incompatible"  and "this application is not installed" in the solutions Explorer. Fourth time uninstalling and reinstalling the SSDT in two days.

<<

Maybe this issue is from Compatibility level, but I am not sure what operation leads to such issue. Could you please tell us how you create tabular project? Or the project is the old project you're referencing?

Reference

Compatibility level for Analysis Services tabular models

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

středa 3. července 2019 8:31

Všechny reakce

• Is there no solution for my problem?, please help me with the above situation.

Thank you so much.

ArjunMShetty

středa 3. července 2019 4:52
  • Hi Arjun,

Thanks for your meaningful description.

I know that you are waiting for somebody to help you overcome your doubts. Therefore, I sympathize with you in what has happened to you. For this purpose, here are my answers for your questions.

>>

<<

Question 1 and Question 3 are the same question, per your description, you said that you have typed out "ARJUN\SQL\AdeventureWorkTabular" in the server property. It should be ARJUN\SQL, which is same as the name in SSMS when you log into Analysis service instance.

If it doesn't work, please provide us error message or screenshot for reference.

>>

<<

Maybe this issue is from Compatibility level, but I am not sure what operation leads to such issue. Could you please tell us how you create tabular project? Or the project is the old project you're referencing?

Reference

Compatibility level for Analysis Services tabular models

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

středa 3. července 2019 8:31