none
How to stop Intel 7th gen processor 'unsupported hardware' prompt and enable Windows Update

Dotaz

• We are running Windows 7 Pro on PCs in our environment which pull updates from a WSUS server. We recently received our first unit with a 7th gen Intel processor. As soon as I run Windows Update, I begin to receive a pop up that says the hardware is unsupported and that it will not receive updates. As I cannot simply upgrade to Windows 10 (as it instructs), I need to find a way to fix this. Thanks!
    4. října 2017 19:14

Odpovědi

• I tried removing those patches, along with some others that my searches had suggest (such as KB4015549), but nothing has worked. I finally went with the 'Zeffy' patch that someone on another forum mentioned, which seems to be working.
    • Označen jako odpověď dwalker6 5. října 2017 19:03
    5. října 2017 16:51

Všechny reakce

• There is no simple fix for this, the best way is to update to Windows 10. However Microsoft issued patches, KB4012218 and KB4012219 for instance, which introduced process generation and hardware support detection on Windows 7. Try installing thoes patches first.
    • Navržen jako odpověď J. Cota 4. října 2017 23:16
    4. října 2017 20:08
  • Depending on who shipped the pc & what state it was in HDs included (they come raw from mfg).Intel

always says: the 1st installation is the MB chipset driver/software,it run with the OS with all components.Once

thru,controller drivers/software is next.Try youre pc mfg wen/downloads,if intel-based,go to intel.com/support/

drivers-software,browse/chipset..Also,chk for BIOS update,& if you run RAID,or want RAID ready,the BIOS

must be configured,by default its disabled.Intel says RAID is the way to go,but even RAID ready,has its benefits..

Read Owners manual

5. října 2017 0:28
  • I tried removing those patches, along with some others that my searches had suggest (such as KB4015549), but nothing has worked. I finally went with the 'Zeffy' patch that someone on another forum mentioned, which seems to be working.
    • Označen jako odpověď dwalker6 5. října 2017 19:03
    5. října 2017 16:51
  • Hello,

Download the tool from below link & install. That stupid popup is gone forever.

https://goo.gl/Pb96FY.

21. února 2018 9:36
  • Hi Steve

I see what this would do but how do I install this please?

Thanks

Steve

23. dubna 2018 12:35