none
External Monitor Problem: Samsung 226BW - Acer Aspire 4390g, Nvidia 9300 256mb HDMI out

Dotaz

• Hi.

Odd one this - the HDMI (DVI) doesn't detect the monitor correctly - lists it as a Generic Non PNP monitor with corresponding resolutions. VGA out and in works fine (except shaky picture that I don't like) - native res is 1680x1050 at 60hz.

Tried - manually setting the res (only goes to 1200x720), and windows update to get a new driver. One is available; but then error

WindowsUpdate_800F020B

Which says - try emailing customer support.

(also had problems with vista and this setup on two identical monitors and laptops - but upgraded to win7rc1 as it is so much better)

Next step?

Thanks for reading,

Joe
    středa 2. září 2009 12:00

Všechny reakce

• So plugged back in the VGA and the update installed.

Samsung - Display - SyncMaster 226BW(Analog)

Details: "Installation date: ‎02/‎09/‎2009 20:01

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Optional

Samsung Display software update released in October, 2006

More information:
    http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20015446

Help and Support:
    http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub"

So - now - the HDMI/DVI gives no picture at all - and the monitor flashes irritatingly - when the HDMI cable is inserted it no longer beeps.
    středa 2. září 2009 12:13
  • Hi,

This problem is caused by the display card driver. You can try the latest display card driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_190.62_whql.html

Thomas Lin
    pátek 4. září 2009 8:11
  • Thanks for the suggestion (installed 64bit driver) - unfortunately this didn't resolve the problem - the Nvidia control now displays though.

Also the same problem exists on a samsung 2233sw monitor as well.

NVIDIA GEFORCE 9300M GS
    čtvrtek 10. září 2009 5:46
  • Hi.

Odd one this - the HDMI (DVI) doesn't detect the monitor correctly - lists it as a Generic Non PNP monitor with corresponding resolutions. VGA out and in works fine (except shaky picture that I don't like) - native res is 1680x1050 at 60hz.

Tried - manually setting the res (only goes to 1200x720), and windows update to get a new driver. One is available; but then error

WindowsUpdate_800F020B

Which says - try emailing customer support.

(also had problems with vista and this setup on two identical monitors and laptops - but upgraded to win7rc1 as it is so much better)

Next step?

Thanks for reading,

Joe
    Greetings, I have the answer to the cause of your problem.

This monitor has a faulty EDID. It's a chip on the monitor read by the computer that informs the PC of which resolutions it can use, amongst other things.

This EDID tells the computer that the max res 1280 x 1024, so doesnt matter what driver you use, you cannot set it higher.

Samsung won't help either, they keep blaming "windows" or "your GPU is too old" (latest model)  etc...  just light the thing on fire and forget about it and never buy another Samsung product again.

Erik
    pátek 22. ledna 2010 23:00
  • Dang Erik,

I wondered why Samsung kept booting me out of the driver downloads...poop, perdy sure that is my issue as well....need more firestarter?

pondělí 4. června 2018 20:23