none
Outgoing traffic blocked

Dotaz

• Hi,

I moved a Hyper-v guest to another server (host), but now outgoing traffic is blocked in the hyper-v:

• Incoming traffic is ok
    • Outgoing traffic is blocked (using telnet <host> <port>) returns timeout, I can't even open any webpage
    • I can ping to any host
    • I can trace route to any host
    • I disabled windows firewall
    • No antivirus installed

Does anybody have an idea of what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

G.Waters

pátek 13. července 2018 23:18

Odpovědi

• I disabled Windows firewall in both, host and guest, and the problem remains.

Then windows is not blocking anything. A wild guess is routing. If you need more help then posting an unedited ipconfig /all of source and target might help.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

pátek 13. července 2018 23:29

Všechny reakce

• Generally outgoing wouldn't be blocked by windows firewall but after the move, I'd check the guest got the network profile that's expected. (domain / public / private)

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

pátek 13. července 2018 23:25

G.Waters

pátek 13. července 2018 23:27

Then windows is not blocking anything. A wild guess is routing. If you need more help then posting an unedited ipconfig /all of source and target might help.

pátek 13. července 2018 23:29
  • My network provider says there is no problem with the ip routing.

Is there an application or a command that can tell what is blocking my outgoing connectivity?

G.Waters

sobota 14. července 2018 0:09
  • If you need more help then posting an unedited ipconfig /all of source and target might help.

sobota 14. července 2018 0:11
  • Dave,

I don't understand, what good does it make to post my ipconfig/all if my problem it is for outgoing traffic?, incoming it's working properly.

I can't publish that info in here since it could become sensitive.

Any other ideas.

Regards.

G.Waters

sobota 14. července 2018 6:22
  • I can't publish that info in here since it could become sensitive.

You can start a support case here.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/gp/contactus81?forceorigin=esmc&Audience=Commercial

sobota 14. července 2018 12:05
  • After days of collecting proofs, I prooved my server provider that the problem was no mine, so they concluded that their company firewall was blocking my server for some unknown reason.

Thanks for your time

G.Waters

úterý 17. července 2018 6:24
  • Good news, you're welcome.

před 20 hod. 3 min.