none
SSDT - BI for VS 2013 compatibility issues RRS feed

• Dotaz

• Hi all,

I've installed on my Windows 7 x64 development machine (in the given order): 

1) SQL Server Developer Edition 2014  x64
    2) Visual Studio Professional Edition 2013 with Update 3 x86
    3) SSDT - BI for VS 2013 x86 (12.0.2430.0 => latest version) 

After migrating my SSIS 2008 solutions in VS 2013 (using the SSIS package upgrade wizrd), I discovered that the property ScriptLanguage of my C# script tasks show "Microsoft Visual C# 2012".

Trying to edit any of those scripts the "Program compatibility issues" shows up for Visual Studio 2012, but, I'm using Visual Studio 2013 !

Is there something wrong with my installation order or SSDT - BI not really compatible with VS 2013 ?

• Upravený guestMS úterý 11. listopadu 2014 10:12
    pondělí 10. listopadu 2014 15:27

Všechny reakce

• Use the SSDT - BI for VS 2013, to upgrade, not the Visual Studio.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

pondělí 10. listopadu 2014 17:00
    Moderátor
  • Packages were upgraded by the SSIS package upgrade wizard (if not upgraded I would not be able to open them and edit the dataflows).

The wizard is run automatically by VS 2013 when you open an old SSIS solution once SSDT - BI is installed.

Could you try it and tell me if you encounter the same problems as described in my post ?

• Upravený guestMS úterý 11. listopadu 2014 8:01
    úterý 11. listopadu 2014 7:47
  • Hi guestMS,

According to your description, the ScriptLanguage property of C# script tasks show "Microsoft Visual C# 2012” in SSDT-BI for VS 2013.

After testing the issue in my environment, I can reproduce it in SSDT-BI for VS 2013. And I find that the ScriptLanguage property of C# script tasks show "Microsoft Visual C# 2010” in SSDT, and show "Microsoft Visual C# 2012” in SSDT for SSDT – BI for VS2012. It shows incorrect only in SSDT-BI for VS 2013.

So it seems that the issue is that the ScriptLanguage property of C# script shows incorrect. But we can execute the task without any problem. If you concern about this, it is my pleasure to help you to reflect your recommendation to the proper department for their consideration. Please feel free to submit your situation on our product to the following link https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
    Katherine Xiong

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

středa 12. listopadu 2014 12:34
    Moderátor
  • Hi Katherine,

If you click the "Edit script" button in the script task, you will see that a VS 2012 shell is started which triggers a "Program compatibility issues" warning.

Since we are using SSDT - BI inside VS 2013, why does it start the VS 2012 shell (instead of the VS 2013 one) ?

But you're right, it does not prevent the script task from being executed or edited but I think this still need to be corrected (I posted a request on MS connect see here).

Best Regards.

středa 12. listopadu 2014 15:22
  • You can solve this issue installing the KB2781514:

http://sqlkover.com/scripts-and-ssdt-bi-2013/

Regards.

-- Luca Zavarella Business Intelligence Architect | BI MCTS & MCITP Twitter: lucazav

pondělí 15. května 2017 12:53