none
SSIS (SQL Server 2017) Error The path for 'ISServerExec.exe' cannot be found when running package via SQL srvr or via Agent

Dotaz

• We are implementing a new server and we installed SQL 2017 on it. I am moving over packages and some of them use 32bit drivers for Teradata or Hadoop. When I try to run the package via SQL server (right click package, execute) or via the agent I am getting this error. When I run the package via Data Tools on the server it runs fine.

- I have checked the ENV variables, the registry, restarted the agent and SSIS, recreated the jobs, checked permissions on the folders that has that executable in it and granted perms to the user running the agent and sql server. Diff user runs DTS service but I was not sure that mattered or if I should change it.

- I have requested the install team reinstall/repair both the agent and the SSIS install, still waiting on it and I thought I'd post and see if anyone had any idea.

-I'm stumped.

THX

Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility  Version 14.0.0500.272 for 32-bit 
    Copyright (C) 2016 Microsoft. All rights reserved.   
    Started:  12:14:48 PM  Failed to execute IS server package because of error 0x80131904.
    Server: ontrcd-wc-p01, Package path: \SSISDB\ETL\FTSRT\LoadFTSRT.dtsx, Environment reference Id: NULL. 
    Description: The path for 'ISServerExec.exe' cannot be found.
    The operation will now exit. 
    A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "start_execution_internal":  
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The path for 'ISServerExec.exe' cannot be found. The operation will now exit. 
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:      at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception,
    Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)    
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionSmi.EventSink.DispatchMessages(Boolean ignoreNonFatalMessages)    
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQuerySmi(Boolean sendToPipe)    
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName,
    Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)    
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteToPipe(SmiContext pipeContext)     at Microsoft.SqlServer.Server.SqlPipe.ExecuteAndSend(SqlCommand command)    
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Server.ServerConnectionControl.RaiseError(SysMessageId messageId, SysMessageSeverity severity,
    Object[] args)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Server.ServerApi.StartExecutionInternal(SqlInt64 projectId, SqlInt64 executionId,
    SqlInt64 versionId, SqlInt16 use32BitRuntime)  . 
    Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider  Started:  12:14:48 PM  Finished: 12:14:48 PM  Elapsed:  0.109 seconds.
     The package execution failed.  The step failed.

13. června 2018 19:17

Odpovědi

• OK I found it.  Seems like the resources who installed this did something odd where they installed the DTS to H: and both 32bit and x64 are there and then there is also a folder on c: 32bit. I found this by examining the PATH env variable. Then I looked at both the DTS binn folder and the one on C: was missing 3 files including the one mentioned in the error. Really it should be using  H - not sure why its going to C: but I don't really have time to make them uninstall and do it all over again.

I just renamed the 140\DTS folder _old and then I copied it from the x86 folder on the H (where there were more files including the missing ones.) The 32 bit packages are running now.

I hope this will help someone else because I have spent days on this...

• Označen jako odpověď Imelda_M 14. června 2018 13:26
    14. června 2018 13:12

Všechny reakce

• Did you ensure you checked Use 32 bit runtime property while executing the package from the agent job/ SQLServer because you're using 32 bit drivers

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

13. června 2018 19:47
  • Hi lmelda_M,

-->>We are implementing a new server and we installed SQL 2017 on it. I am moving over packages and some of them use 32bit drivers for Teradata or Hadoop.

Perhaps you did not install SQL Server Integration Service service on your new server, please have a check.

If so, add the SSIS feature to the current SQL Server instance.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

14. června 2018 1:49
  • Yes I did check the 32bit driver in the job.
    14. června 2018 12:11
  • is there a link somewhere on how to add the feature to SQL server? SSIS is installed. The service is running there and straight sql server non 32bit packages run ok.
    14. června 2018 12:12
  • OK I found it.  Seems like the resources who installed this did something odd where they installed the DTS to H: and both 32bit and x64 are there and then there is also a folder on c: 32bit. I found this by examining the PATH env variable. Then I looked at both the DTS binn folder and the one on C: was missing 3 files including the one mentioned in the error. Really it should be using  H - not sure why its going to C: but I don't really have time to make them uninstall and do it all over again.

I just renamed the 140\DTS folder _old and then I copied it from the x86 folder on the H (where there were more files including the missing ones.) The 32 bit packages are running now.

I hope this will help someone else because I have spent days on this...

• Označen jako odpověď Imelda_M 14. června 2018 13:26
    14. června 2018 13:12