none
SSMS 18.4 run as different user changes browser user to the different user after a query is run RRS feed

• Dotaz

• I upgraded SSMS to v18.4 on my Windows 10 laptop yesterday. I am in a corporate environment with multiple domains and that requires an admin user account instead of a standard user account to connect to SQL Server.

I launch SSMS 18.4 by using Shift Right-Click --> Run as different user and proceed to login.

I have no problem with SSMS itself.

Our environment is setup such that our admin user accounts have no internet access and this is where the problem occurs. I have tried Edge, IE and Chrome and they all switch the user from my standard user account that I logged into my laptop as to my admin user account once I run any query in SSMS 18.4

This was a sporadic issue with earlier v18 versions of SSMS, but never consistent enough to have SSMS stand out as the cause.

Does anyone have an idea what is causing this and how to resolve it?

It is really difficult to have to keep shutting down SSMS, logging in as my standard user account and connecting to the one database I have a standard user account on, running a query then going back to what I was doing or trying to do from a browser.

Thomas F. Lewandowski

středa 20. listopadu 2019 15:59

Odpovědi

• Hi Tom,

Would you please describe your problem more clearly?

According to my test, when you start ssms normally, the default windows authentication account is the current windows account. When you use 'run as different user' to start ssms, the default windows  authentication account is the 'different user' you use.

Best regards,

Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

čtvrtek 21. listopadu 2019 9:47

Všechny reakce

• I don't seem to have this option "Run as different user" on my machine. Where does it come from?

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se

středa 20. listopadu 2019 23:01
  • Hi Tom,

Would you please describe your problem more clearly?

According to my test, when you start ssms normally, the default windows authentication account is the current windows account. When you use 'run as different user' to start ssms, the default windows  authentication account is the 'different user' you use.

Best regards,

Cris

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

čtvrtek 21. listopadu 2019 9:47