none
How to run Deployed Pkg's at 64 bit

Dotaz

• Hello, I'm on a single SQL Server instance and box where both Dev and prod occur. I have VS 2015 installed, with Teradata Drivers and Attunity driver to reach the data source. All that is 32 bit for the VS/SSDT needs. The pkgs get deployed, and a job is created, steps added, etc and then its scheduled and runs. But it runs in 32 bit for the connection, as that's what is used to design the pkg.
    I have also installed  Teradata 64 bit driver and 64 Attunity on the same one server as well. Is, or would, the easiest way to switch my job that runs the steps, in the connection manager or the SSISDB? I look, both places look similar, with this is as a connection string: {Teradata};CHARSET=UTF8;LOGINTIMEOUT=20;DBCNAME=<sysnamehere>;UID=<usernamehere>;DATABASE=;ACCOUNT=;AUTHENTICATION=;WINAUTH=0. I'm not really seeing a good place to switch the jobs connection to use 64 drivers and providers. Thanks

středa 11. července 2018 20:42

Všechny reakce

• Hi JP_Quinn,

The default runtime mode is 64 bit of SQL Server job, you can change the mode to 32 bit by job step properties->Advanced.

Once you are running in 64 bit, SSIS should use the 64 bit driver automatically, otherwise it will throw an error.

Make sure you have installed the 64 bit driver on local server.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

čtvrtek 12. července 2018 1:28
    Moderátor
  • I have a SSIS job running the Extract right now, so it is using the driver/provider of Teradata and Attunity, and I look at the Task Manager, Details tab, and I see DTexec.exe, and no reference to it being 32 or 64 bit, and search through its properties doesnt tell me anything about its bit either
    čtvrtek 12. července 2018 18:29
  • Hi JP_Quinn,

As you stated, there's no available report execution/monitor tool to determine which specific driver used in package at running time.

However you can uninstall the 32-bit version of Attunity driver and only keep 64 bit version driver and running the job and see if the package works fine. If so, it confirms that the package uses the 64 bit driver at runtime.

Also have a look at following related articles:

SSIS package access Oracle DB. How do you know if you are using 32 or 64 bit Oracle driver?

Is my SSIS package running in 32 or 64 bit mode?

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

pátek 13. července 2018 2:02
    Moderátor