none
VS_ISBroken

Dotaz

• I have SSIS Package that imports Excel data to SQL server. When i run the package on visual studio it works fine. However when i deploy it to SQL server i get the following error.

Data Flow Task 1:Error :"Excel Source" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_ISBROKEN". 

Data Flow task Error 1:Opening a rowset for "Sheet1$" failed.Check that the object exists in the database.

Data flow task 1: Error :SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code 0x80040E37

pátek 23. března 2018 17:22

Všechny reakce

• Hi Meskerem,

It looks like the package cannot find the Excel file or its structure does not conform to what was expected.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

pátek 23. března 2018 23:37
    Moderátor
  • Hi Meskerem,

Is there any changes on your SQL Server environments?

DO you try to switch the runtime mode (32 bit /64 bit )?

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

pondělí 26. března 2018 8:13
  • Does the sheet exists in Excel file with the same name?

Also check if the structure of the file has changed since the creation of the package

Remember, SSIS relies upon strict metadata for its data flow so any changes in column names, etc will cause it to break

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

pondělí 26. března 2018 8:23
  • The excel file should exists at the location given in environment variables while deploying the solution. It cannot access the local path.

pátek 18. května 2018 7:30