none
SSIS 2017 Script task editor - hitting "edit script" button does nothing

Dotaz

• Using BI project templates for VS 2017, SSIS project.  Have a script task, and after setting some variables I want to work with, I hit the "Edit Script" button, and then waited.......and waited......and waited.  Ive seen this take time before, but this time it simply never launched the script editor.  What can I check?

[update]

Seen this in the windows application event log

The description for Event ID 0 from source VSTA cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

The description for Event ID 0 from source VSTA cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

devenv(31244): Error: Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.IdeCommunications.IdeException: Design Time components were not found. Please reinstall or repair Microsoft VisualStudio Tools for Applications to fix the issue.
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.IdeCommunications.StandAloneUtilities.GetSpecificVsVersionInstallPath(String hostSupportedIdeVersions)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.IdeCommunications.IdeServer.Launch()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.IdeCommunications.IdeCommunicationsServer.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.IdeCommunications.External.IIdeCommunications.Launch() 6/14/2018 2:30:35 PM

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Found the installer here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=56046

• Upravený shiftbit 14. června 2018 19:39 ccvbb
    14. června 2018 19:06

Všechny reakce