none
Error 52 Digital Driver problem

Dotaz

• All,

I recently re-installed Windows 7 pro from my internal DVD due to a Windows Update problem. The re-install fixed the Windows Update problem. However my Sata connected internal DVD drive has stopped working. Device Manager now shows an exclamation mark with the following error : The drive is not listed via My Computer.

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

The make of DVD is "ATAPI iHAS 124"

To date I've tried a disk clean up, disk check and a SFC /scanow command but error still exists. Would appreciate any advice in solving this issue ? Have also tried a different DVD writer and same error. It worked before the re-install.

Any ideas thanks ?   

pondělí 28. května 2018 15:45

Odpovědi

• Try removing the GEARAspiWDM entry.

To remove the GEARAspiWDM entry double-click UpperFilters and, under Value data, remove GEARAspiWDM > OK

Create a system restore point beforehand and restart the computer after.

However, if you have an application that uses the GEARAspiWDM, such as iTunes, just install the latest version of Gear drivers (4.021.1) and make no change to the registry:

http://www.gearsoftware.com/support/drivers.php

• Označen jako odpověď rsm42 čtvrtek 31. května 2018 20:25
    čtvrtek 31. května 2018 17:06

Všechny reakce

• Press simultaneously the Windows and R keys on your keyboard. Type in regedit in the Run dialogue window, and press If you get a UAC prompt, accept it.
    In the Registry Editor, use the left side navigation pane to navigate to the following folder:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}

Find the UpperFilters and LowerFilters Select one, from the Edit menu of the top toolbar select Delete and click OK. Repeat the process for the other value.
    Close the Registry Editor and reboot your computer.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

úterý 29. května 2018 0:37
  • Hi,

Please refer to the following article and check if it can help you.

Error 52: How to solve Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the driver

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2693551/error-solve-windows-verify-digital-signature-driver.html

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

úterý 29. května 2018 3:04
    Moderátor
  • OK updates as follows :

1. Tried S.Sengupta's suggestion but in the registry there are no upper and lower filters - see the link below for a screenshot of what i can see :

https://1drv.ms/w/s!Av4roe8tN1LVeGnsOiC0X_QD8nw

2. Tried Tao's suggestion which has worked to a degree. However I've noted in the bottom right corner of my desktop it now says "Test Mode Windows 7" . What does this mean exactly ? Has this turned off digital drivers ? If so i would prefer another solution if possible thanks ?

úterý 29. května 2018 19:54
    • Upravený rsm42 čtvrtek 31. května 2018 8:19 added more details
    čtvrtek 31. května 2018 8:14

1. Tried S.Sengupta's suggestion but in the registry there are no upper and lower filters - see the link below for a screenshot of what i can see :

Since the device is an optical drive can you check the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

At that registry key, in the right window, is there, under "Name", either an UpperFilters or LowerFilters value?

If so, for each of the UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters value, what is listed under "Data"?

čtvrtek 31. května 2018 15:42
  • yes there is an entry here which is :

GEARAspiWDM

čtvrtek 31. května 2018 16:42
  • Try removing the GEARAspiWDM entry.

To remove the GEARAspiWDM entry double-click UpperFilters and, under Value data, remove GEARAspiWDM > OK

Create a system restore point beforehand and restart the computer after.

However, if you have an application that uses the GEARAspiWDM, such as iTunes, just install the latest version of Gear drivers (4.021.1) and make no change to the registry:

http://www.gearsoftware.com/support/drivers.php

• Označen jako odpověď rsm42 čtvrtek 31. května 2018 20:25
    čtvrtek 31. května 2018 17:06
  • thank you - worked a treat and also thanks for the tip for iTunes

Much appreciated auggy

čtvrtek 31. května 2018 20:25
  • You're welcome.
    pátek 1. června 2018 5:18
  • Thanks! Worked perfectly with same issue on Win10
    středa 5. září 2018 19:59

Since the device is an optical drive can you check the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

At that registry key, in the right window, is there, under "Name", either an UpperFilters or LowerFilters value?

If so, for each of the UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters value, what is listed under "Data"?

I am in a similar bind with respect to the error message 52.  I have checked the nominated Registry key but cannot find either an Upper or Lower Filters entry.  Obviously turning off Digital Signature Verification at start up helps get my work done but I cannot keep doing this.

This is the best thread I have found so far - from what I've read, the problem is solved by getting rid of the filters.  But this is not my situation and I'm looking for a permanent solution so I'm hoping someone might be able to help.

úterý 18. září 2018 10:10