none
Win-7 failed to start in Hyper V

Dotaz

• Starting Window 7 in Hyper-V, I encounter MMIO error. Unfortunately I don't have backup or check point.<o:p></o:p>

The error states:<o:p></o:p>

"The application encountered an error while attempting to change the state of 'Window 7'.<o:p></o:p>

'Window 7' failed to start.<o:p></o:p>

"Window 7 specifies an upper MMIO region that is above the supported physical address range". It than gives the address range.<o:p></o:p>

Anyone knows how to correct the MMIO address range for VR Machine in Hyper-V.<o:p></o:p>

I am desperate to fix and start the Virtual machine to back up my data.  <o:p></o:p>

Need help and thanks,<o:p></o:p>

Farshideh<o:p></o:p>

11. června 2018 0:36

Odpovědi

Všechny reakce

• Hi,

Thanks for your question. 

Were you enable VLAN on this win7 VM?

Can you drop me a screenshot for this error message of the issue?

Please also check the event viewer on Hyper-V host for more error message so that we could fine more clue.

If you have any question and concern, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

11. června 2018 7:56
  • Hi Michael,

thanks for your replay. I was able to turn the VLAN on. however, I don't know how to get into it. for what ever reason, Technet does not allow me to attach the screenshot. I have verified my account, and it say, Technet has to verify my account.

I will logon and try again.

Farshideh

11. června 2018 12:34
  • Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Would you use VLAN for this problematic VM? For testing purpose, we could disable VLAN for the VM, then reboot it to see if it works.

Best regards,

Michael

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

12. června 2018 2:07
  • Hi,

How are things going on?

Best regards,

Michael

13. června 2018 15:13
  • If backing up your data is all you need, you can shutdown the VM, mount the .vhd as a volume, and browse down to your data.  You can mount the vhd file by just double clicking on it.
    13. června 2018 16:03
  • Thanks Abdielh for your reply.

I need the data from the old VR-machine. Please note that I can not start this old machine. Please note that I have never worked with hyper-V. here is my first exposure to it. I will need education and step by step instructions list. Here is what I thinking and my questions for you and Michael:

1- I am installing a new virtual machine and install Windows-7

2- Do I need to install the accounting software before mounting the desk?

3- If install yes, I will install the software.

4 - If no and in any case, what is the instruction to mount the old VR-Machine?

Please advise.

THanks again, Farshideh

14. června 2018 3:02
  • Thanks Michael for your reply.

I need the data from the old VR-machine. Please note that I can not start this old machine. Please note that I have never worked with hyper-V. here is my first exposure to it. I will need education and step by step instructions list. Here is what I thinking and my questions for you and Michael:

1- I am installing a new virtual machine and install Windows-7

2- Do I need to install the accounting software before mounting the desk?

3- If install yes, I will install the software.

4 - If no and in any case, what is the instruction to mount the old VR-Machine?

Please advise.

THanks again, Farshideh

14. června 2018 3:02
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Please try the following article to recreate this VM using existing vm.vhd or vm.vhdx. 

Using a VHD with Microsoft Hyper-V or Virtual PC

Hope this helps. I look forward your good news.

Best regards,

Michael

• Označen jako odpověď Farshieh 14. června 2018 20:58
    14. června 2018 3:54
  • Excellent Michael,

Thanks for all your help. I was able to create a new VM with the old VDX, and it worked very well. I appreciate all your help and info. you are my rescuer. I have learnt my lesson to backup everytime I change my data file. thanks to you I was able to get it back. 

Thanks again - Farshideh

• Upravený Farshieh 17. června 2018 14:13
    14. června 2018 12:38
  • Hi,

Sorry for my delay.

Please try the following article,

https://www.altaro.com/hyper-v/hyper-v-attach-existing-virtual-disk/

Would you like to repair former problematic VM with the VHD? I’m not sure that it can work due to the VM profile may be corrupted. You can try it, and I look forward hearing your good news.

In addition, we could refer to the following link for more information about windows Hyper-V.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization/#pivot=main&panel=server

Hope this helps.

Highly appreciate your effort and time. If you have any question and concern, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Michael

• Označen jako odpověď Farshieh 17. června 2018 14:06
    • Zrušeno označení jako odpověď Farshieh 17. června 2018 14:06
    • Označen jako odpověď Farshieh 17. června 2018 14:13
    17. června 2018 13:43