none
SQL Server SSDT Compatibility Issues

Dotaz

• Hi All,

I was working on creating SSIS package. I was using SSDT for VS 2013. After completing development I deployed it to SQL Server 2012 and it was successful. However, while running the job, i got compatibility issues. I was getting following error:

"The version number in the Package is not valid. The version number can't be greater that current version number."

After searching over internet for this issue, i got few links where it was mentioned to use SSDT for VS 2010 or SSDT for VS 2012 if we are targeting SQL Server 2012. Then i installed SSDT for VS 2012, SSDT for VS 2010 and now i am unable to open the same package neither in SSDT for VS 2012 nor in SSDT for VS 2010. 

Is there any other way that i can go ahead with apart from writing the package again entirely? 

Thanks for your help in advance !!

Regards,

Ajit

11. června 2018 6:59

Všechny reakce

• Hi Ajit.Patra,

-->>now i am unable to open the same package neither in SSDT for VS 2012 nor in SSDT for VS 2010.

Are there any error messages occurred when you tried to open the package?

Please review your .dtsx file in notepad and check the PackageFormatVersion, for SQL Server 2012, the value should be 6.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

11. června 2018 7:14
  • Can you install SSDT for VS 2015 or VS 2017 and try opening the dtsx file in a Integration services project

Then try setting Target Server Version property as SQL Server 2012 and build the package. I think them it should work

While deploying, if you don't want package to get upgraded either upload it using direct export option from SSIS catalog or use SSMS 2012 to do the deployment using ispac

See the below links for more details

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sqlgardner/2016/08/17/ssdt-vs2015-gotcha-target-server-version-new-feature/

http://sql-articles.com/articles/bi/ssis-2014-execution-error-while-validating-script-component/

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

11. června 2018 7:17
  • In your SSDT Project you have to configure the right SSIS Target Server Version by Right click on the project >> Properties >> configuration properties >> General

Then re-build the Project and deploy it.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

11. června 2018 7:28
  • How exactly did you "deploy" the SSIS package?  

If you used VS "Deploy" you must have the correct target version selected in "properties".

If you used the command line isdeploymentwizard.exe, you must use the correct version for the target server.  Otherwise, it silently upgrades your SSIS packages to the version of isdeloymentwizard and fails to run.  isdeploymentwizard.exe does not have access to the target server version in the project, so I does not know the target version.

11. června 2018 11:10
  • I am using SSDT for VS 2013 and i can't see "General" option below Configuration Properties. Do i need to install SSDT for VS 2015?

Thanks,

Ajit

11. června 2018 11:13
  • Right click on the project and select edit packagename.dtproj .

Do an ctrl+F to find TargetServer and change it from there.

save and close the package afterwards and open it again.

Another way is to use notepad or notepad++ to edit the Integration Services project file (.dtproj) in the package location and change the TargetServer from there. 

me

11. června 2018 15:26
  • I am using SSDT for VS 2013 and i can't see "General" option below Configuration Properties. Do i need to install SSDT for VS 2015?

Thanks,

Ajit

Yes
    As I suggested you should try using SSDT for VS 2015 or VS 2017 if you want to set TargetServerVersion

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

11. června 2018 15:51
  • Thank you all for your responses.

I installed SSDT for VS 2015. I selected Target Server Version as SQL Server 2012 from Configuration Properties--> General. Then I compiled the package and deployed to SQL server and it worked.

Thanks,

Ajit

12. června 2018 19:29
  • Hi Ajit.Patra,

Glad to hear that you resolved the issue.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

14. června 2018 8:59